Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Transformers the Movie question

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Transformers the Movie question

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:35 pm

Does anyone remember there being profanity in Transformers the Movie? I'm just sitting down watching my "Unedited" "special collectors edition" of it, and just after moon base 2 self destructed in an attempt to stop Unicron, one of the transformers exclaimed "Oh Sh!t what are we gonna do now?" I had to replay the section again just to double check if I heard it right :o

Was their profanity in the regular release of the movie? Maybe this is a good question for Ian :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:20 pm

I just noticed that they even have a chaper break right at the point of the swear.

The chapter is titled: Swear Word

Wow... how original... :roll:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Ian on Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:51 pm

Yes, it was in the original movie. I take it you have the US version of the DVD. I think the Canadian version edited out the swear word.

I thought this question was going to be about the *new* Transformer movie thats coming out. :roll:
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:46 am

Ian wrote:Yes, it was in the original movie. I take it you have the US version of the DVD. I think the Canadian version edited out the swear word.

I thought this question was going to be about the *new* Transformer movie thats coming out. :roll:


All the new stuff is NOT REAL TRANSFORMERS.... they really messed up the whole transformers universe with Armada as far as I'm concerned, and someone should be taken out and shot over it :evil:

as for the version I have, it really is the "Special Collectors Edition" of the movie... it's the only one of its' kind I've ever seen, so I picked it up the moment I saw it. It includes some story boards, and an interview with one of the composers (why?). Also the sound is 5.1 which I think the other versions only have stereo
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:57 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:as for the version I have, it really is the "Special Collectors Edition" of the movie... it's the only one of its' kind I've ever seen, so I picked it up the moment I saw it. It includes some story boards, and an interview with one of the composers (why?). Also the sound is 5.1 which I think the other versions only have stereo


It was put out by Rhino, right? If so, that's the one available in the US.

For some reason Vince DiCola (composer) is really popular among Transformer fans. It's not like the sound track was that good. :P
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:51 am

yup, put out by Rhino.

And as for the soundtrack... I've got 3 titles for you:
You've got the Touch,
Dare, and
Dare to Be Stupid.
All Excellent songs for the movie! And come on, what about Queen doing the intro? That was sweet! :D
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:08 am

Dropbox is supposedly doing the intro for the new movie. The track is also supposedly on the PS2 game, but I have yet to hear it.

Who knows.. by the time the movie is done, we could have someone like Limp Bizkit doing the intro or something. #-o

"Did it all for the Energon.. the energon..."
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Transformers the movie

Postby deinabog on Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:51 pm

Yes the 's' word was present in the original theatrical release 18 years ago. I'm glad it's included in the special edition which I also have. And it was Spike who uttered that famous expletive. Ultra Magnus blurted out 'damn' just before being blasted by several Sweeps later on.
A man must have a code -Bunk
User avatar
deinabog
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:03 am
Location: Bronx, NY-USA

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:31 pm

well, I didn't really notice Ultra Magnus saying damn, since I rarely consider that a swear anymore... but I guess it qualifies.

It's funny though, the main audience for this movie was kids, I wonder why they included the strong language?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Ian on Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:49 pm

80's cartoons were very different that the crap put out today. People weren't afraid that a word like shit would make their kids shoot up a school or something. We even had toys that turned into guns (G1 Megatron)!

The TF movie was kinda odd anyway. In many ways it also catered to adults. It had a number of well known people doing voices like Orson Wells, Leonard Nemoy and Robert Stack. Celebrity voice actors is pretty common today, but was fairly rare back then.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:16 pm

So onto the topic of the *NEW* Transformers movie coming out... what do people know about it?

I've heard that it *WILL* be based on the original toys/lineup, and that it's going to be a full length live action movie... I've also heard that Steven Spielberg might be lending a hand in it :o That would be awesome!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Shredder on Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:55 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:So onto the topic of the *NEW* Transformers movie coming out... what do people know about it?

I've heard that it *WILL* be based on the original toys/lineup, and that it's going to be a full length live action movie... I've also heard that Steven Spielberg might be lending a hand in it :o That would be awesome!


Transformers must've made a big impression to many of us, fans since people like you and I are still talking about it. :D

I think Steven Spielberg lost his touch. Some of his latest works are gloomy and doesn't quite seem original.
User avatar
Shredder
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 7:38 pm

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:47 pm

Shredder wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:So onto the topic of the *NEW* Transformers movie coming out... what do people know about it?

I've heard that it *WILL* be based on the original toys/lineup, and that it's going to be a full length live action movie... I've also heard that Steven Spielberg might be lending a hand in it :o That would be awesome!


Transformers must've made a big impression to many of us, fans since people like you and I are still talking about it. :D

I think Steven Spielberg lost his touch. Some of his latest works are gloomy and doesn't quite seem original.


*cough*the terminal*cough*
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada


Return to The Beer Garden

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.