Home News Reviews Forums Shop

UPS Sucks

What was that?

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:31 pm

CowboySlim wrote:Hey, Wiz,

I see a lot of DHL trucks around here now. I guess that they've been afixin' to go into competition with FedEx and UPS. Do you think that will make it better through competition, or just one more to compalin about?

:P

Slim

Just another one to complain about, I've complained about them before too. I hear the billing side of things is terrible, but I will never ship DHL, so I won't know first hand.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby TheWizard on Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:33 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Your a bit off there, 3 business days is the 10th, not the 9th.
don't.

I counted Saturday, November 6th because UPS does move packages on Saturdays, and will deliver if paid extra in advance.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:19 pm

While DHL is on the table, today DHL was at my office building today (not my office.)

And he parked in the private space for my company, should have had him towed. They should really learn [-X
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby LoneWolf on Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:11 pm

I just found out our new UPS driver here at work (new for the past several months apparently, not new to the job as he must be in his late 50's/early 60's) is just throwing/kicking boxes off the truck onto the concrete sidewalk when he gets here, then putting them on a two-wheeler and tipping them off when he gets to our shipping room. Doesn't matter what the box looks like, if it's marked "Fragile", or what size, and that's a pretty good drop in many cases. I didn't realize how bad it was until I watched him do it, and now I know why our central office warned me to test all 10 of the 17" Samsung monitors I ordered in August --because they were treated the exact same way.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I wasn't very kind to him when I saw everything fall off the two-wheeler (he apparently tried to take "slightly" better care by holding onto them when he tipped, of course they fell off and went everywhere). He tried to excuse it by saying the boxes were "just books". I mentioned that not every box we shipped had "just books", that I had some rather sensitive electronic equipment shipped here. If I see that happen again, I'll be reporting him, and I already talked to our shipping gal.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:22 pm

UPS tried to stick me with a scamola of a charge for "dimensional weight" like I'm going to pay some BS fee like that, and, before everyone asks, it was *NOT* oversized.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby cfitz on Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:54 pm

aviationwiz wrote:UPS tried to stick me with a scamola of a charge for "dimensional weight" like I'm going to pay some BS fee like that, and, before everyone asks, it was *NOT* oversized.

Yeah, but was it overweight? :wink:

Anyway, I am getting confused now. Which shipping company is the one that sucks? I can't keep track... #-o

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:57 pm

cfitz wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:UPS tried to stick me with a scamola of a charge for "dimensional weight" like I'm going to pay some BS fee like that, and, before everyone asks, it was *NOT* oversized.

Yeah, but was it overweight? :wink:

Anyway, I am getting confused now. Which shipping company is the one that sucks? I can't keep track... #-o

cfitz

All of them! :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:04 pm

The Ohio Barge and Cartage Company which plies the Erie Canal and the Cumberland Trail.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:15 pm

:lol:

Thanks guys! I knew I could count on my friends at CDRLabs to help me out! :D

I must admit, though, that I am disappointed to learn that the Ohio Barge and Cartage Company has also made the "sucks" list. It was my one last hope... :wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:26 pm

Sadly, there isn't a single shipping or courier company I've experienced that hasn't at some time screwed something up pretty big time.

But that's life, and no one is perfect.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:22 pm

That's right, Rex. It's like wanting a football game without a fumble, interception or penalty. Out side of that, life is just a bowl of cherries.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:03 pm

3 late packages in the past 3 weeks, not very good. Normally it's like 1 late package every 2 months. At least it's free though, :-?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:20 pm

Just... WTF.

Called for a refund on a UPS Worldwide Express Saturday Package today.

First he said it was delivered on time, today by Noon. I proceeded to tell him it was a Saturday Delivery package, he then figured the difference bewtween Saturday & Monday.

He put me on hold, after which he told me Saturday Delivery shipments to Canada are subject to a maximum of 20 CAD value. Now, god knows what you can send to Canada that is under 20 CAD... maybe paper.

Now someone is going to call me from some other weird department and discuss how I want a refund of the Saturday Delivery surcharge at least.

My overall response? Just... wtf.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Wesociety on Sun May 15, 2005 7:24 pm

Lastest retardness from UPS.

Story #1
I sent my mom some flowers for mother's day.
The flowers were delivered on Friday (mother's day was Sunday).
This was fine, as I had selected the early delivery date.

HOWEVER, what was NOT okay is the fact that Idiotic UPS delivered the package to the "side porch" and FAILED to leave any type of notification on the front door.

Soo, I'm calling my mom expecting her to thank me for the flowers, and she never mentions it... I let a couple of days go by until it is Sunday (Mother's Day), and I still do not mention the flowers since it is supposed to be a suprise. Eventually I wind up checking the UPS website and found that the status was delivered "on side porch".

So I had to tell my mom to go check the side porch, ruin the suprise, and the flowers were sitting outside for two days.

Thanks for sucking really bad UPS !

They also did this crap to me a few months ago.

Story #2
I had a shipment of media that UPS delivered to my house. No one was home at the time, so they set the boxes on the side of my house, without leaving any notification or any type of noticeable documentation of this "hidden delivery". As an extra bonus, it rained the next day and my packages got soaking wet.
@$$h0l3$
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:25 am

Man...UPS is really going nuts over that CitiCorp package:

There has been a large national effort to have many centers searched for this one particular package. We are sending contractors to take apart the conveyer belts, guards, and any other place that this package could have potentially slipped under. These searches are also taking place in centers that would never come in contact with the package from Citigroup, but are being searched to be able to say that we covered all of our bases. The thing being found by most centers are previously lost air packages and express envelopes that are on average more then a year old.

Seems Overkill considering there was only a manifest scan on it from what I've read.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:29 am

DO NOT USE UPS SATURDAY DELIVERY SERVICES IN THE VANCOUVER AREA

Do not use UPS Saturday Delivery services in the Vancouver, BC area if you need it to actually get there on the Saturday. UPS now has a 0% (0/2) track record with UPS Worldwide Express Saturday Delivery shipments to Vancouver. Both were "held by customs." Which seems BS, because all the weekday shipments go through fine right on time. The latest one was however actually inspected, the first one though is a mystery.

Furthermore, UPS International CSR's give excuse after excuse & occasionaly a lie to get rid of you.

So again... I repeat myself:

DO NOT USE UPS SATURDAY DELIVERY SERVICES IN THE VANCOUVER AREA
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby TheWizard on Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:45 am

Postal Service is the way to go for international. USPS and Canada Post are like two peas in a pod. They're tight, bro, tiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeght!
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:58 am

TheWizard wrote:Postal Service is the way to go for international. USPS and Canada Post are like two peas in a pod. They're tight, bro, tiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeght!

Unless you want the ability to track a package, or hold the courier accountable...

Canada Post is pretty useless with lost or missing shipments, and they've done it to me more then a couple times. :-?

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:55 am

OK, I left my fritzed ATI AIW 9600XT card at the local UPS pick-up on an RMA basis. It is going back by standard ground mode to Tonawanda, NY.

Just checked the tracking. It has gone 120 miles and the driver is having chicken fried steak in Barstow, CA.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:16 pm

WTF!
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:23 pm

Well, Wiz, I guess that you'll be up real late tonight waiting for that truck to stop bye.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:14 pm

I'm curious as to what the tracking info says *now* though :wink:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:51 pm

Not a mention of it.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:49 pm

figures... this isn't the first time I've seen UPS logs changed to make it look like they made no (or less) mistakes. Depending on what they can get away with.

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:02 pm

Yeah, fudge scanning. The managers are pretty much fired instantly if they get caught... unfortunetly, I don't think it's easy to catch them.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

PreviousNext

Return to Rants n' Raves