Home News Reviews Forums Shop

USPS

What was that?

USPS

Postby smartin4 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:10 pm

I know it's the holiday season and all, but WTF is with the USPS?

Ordered from Amazon, using the free shipping option. I have used this many times when buying movies, books, & cds. Most of that stuff ships from Delaware which is next day territory for my area in NJ. I see this order is coming out of Jersey City, I live about 45 minutes south of Jersey City, so I figure I will have it on 12/18, right? Wrong, look at the path this package has taken:

December 21, 2008 12:49:00 PM JERSEY CITY NJ Arrival Scan
December 19, 2008 12:33:00 AM SPRINGFIELD MA Arrival Scan
December 17, 2008 04:34:00 AM JERSEY CITY NJ Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

They shipped it from NJ, 2 day transit to Mass, then 36 hours back to the same spot that it originated in? Gives new meaning to the term "snail-mail". No wonder people try to avoid the post office whenever possible.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Re: USPS

Postby SithTracy on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Feeling the same way about FedEx... had bad dealings with them another time I mailed a laptop to my Dad in AZ... I use UPS now for everything, but I placed an order to get my kid a present online on Dec 12 and it shipped FedEx and is still not here... Yeah, we have had some bad weather here in WI, but damn... another delivery exception... now they estimate the package will be here Tuesday Dec 23. UPS made it here a few times and in bad weather.... all the UPS stuff I ordered and had tracking numbers for came a day earlier. Screw FedEx... UPS is a better run ship. Now if something goes wrong with the product I am screwed and will have to run out and find an alternative.... and I hate shopping.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves