Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Verbatim -R/+R DataLifePlus 15-PK at office depot

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Verbatim -R/+R DataLifePlus 15-PK at office depot

Postby kirpen on Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:12 am

Buy one get one free for $30 in store or on line. How are the -r discs drom these guys as I have never burned a -r before?
http://officedepot.crossmediaservices.c ... number%3D8
kirpen
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:07 am

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:15 am

The Verbatim DVD-R disks I got way back when Office Depot last had this deal, they were 2x CMC disks :o Needless to say, I returned them before burning a single disk.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby Bhairav on Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:45 am

aviationwiz wrote:The Verbatim DVD-R disks I got way back when Office Depot last had this deal, they were 2x CMC disks :o Needless to say, I returned them before burning a single disk.

Wiz, DataLifePlus is NEVER CMC. MCC or TY, but never CMC!
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
User avatar
Bhairav
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:44 am
Location: Bombay,India

Postby burninfool on Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:51 pm

bhairavp wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:The Verbatim DVD-R disks I got way back when Office Depot last had this deal, they were 2x CMC disks :o Needless to say, I returned them before burning a single disk.

Wiz, DataLifePlus is NEVER CMC. MCC or TY, but never CMC!


I don't know about India but here in the US Verbatim DVD-R is CMC,the DVD+R is MCC.
User avatar
burninfool
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:50 am
Location: USA

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:57 pm

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was the DLP's that were CMC.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby bac on Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:02 pm

I checked my local office depot, and the 15 packs they had were verbatim datalife, not datalife plus. They only had the -r's in stock, not the +r's. The -r's were made in taiwan, with blue print on the top of the disks. They had boxed 5 packs of -r's (no sale) that were datalife plus. Those were marked made in singapore...

I didn't buy any, as I was looking for good+cheap not just cheap (CMG magnetics).
bac
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:24 pm

Postby Bhairav on Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:25 am

burninfool wrote:
bhairavp wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:The Verbatim DVD-R disks I got way back when Office Depot last had this deal, they were 2x CMC disks :o Needless to say, I returned them before burning a single disk.

Wiz, DataLifePlus is NEVER CMC. MCC or TY, but never CMC!


I don't know about India but here in the US Verbatim DVD-R is CMC,the DVD+R is MCC.


Ouch :( . I got a pack of Verbatim DVD-R DLP 2X discs, they were MCC.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
User avatar
Bhairav
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:44 am
Location: Bombay,India

Postby Abell44 on Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:24 pm

bac wrote:I checked my local office depot, and the 15 packs they had were verbatim datalife, not datalife plus. They only had the -r's in stock, not the +r's. The -r's were made in taiwan, with blue print on the top of the disks. They had boxed 5 packs of -r's (no sale) that were datalife plus. Those were marked made in singapore...

I didn't buy any, as I was looking for good+cheap not just cheap (CMG magnetics).


I had the same issue about ago 6 months ago with Office Depot. They advertised DataLifePlus -R 15 pk spindle, however, only carried DataLife. I talked with one of the CSR's about it and he brought over a mgr. I pointed out the difference in the 5pk jewels that were labeled DLP and the advertised DLP spindles that were actually just DL. The mgr. kindly agreed to sub (6) 5 pack jewels of DLP for 2 spindles. They actually only had two 5 pks of DLP jewels left, so I picked out 4 Maxell 5 pks. for the difference.

I think the OD Ads actually changed for a while to accurately show DataLife instead of DataLife Plus. However, this weeks looks like DataLife Plus again.
Abell44
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:44 am

Postby Bhairav on Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:49 am

These are the Verbatim 2X DVD-R discs we get here
Image
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
User avatar
Bhairav
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:44 am
Location: Bombay,India

Postby Dartman on Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:31 am

I got the dataLife plus media and the 811 really likes it. here the media code stuff

Media code/Manufacturer ID MCC 002
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 405405696
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 6.0x 8310KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers

I got fairly similar results at 4x with this stuff and the curve rose a bit at the end at 8x at 8x the PI was average about 20 with a max of 220 and PO of .9 and a max of 60 both at the end of the burn.
4x was fairly even across the disk no rise at the end, average of 9 and .046
User avatar
Dartman
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 2:13 pm
Location: USA

Postby rmdir on Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:48 pm

Just got back from picking up my order. the other day I had ordered online, 2 packs with the buy one get one free coupon. When I got to the store, I saw they were advertising buy one DL plus, get one free. She had already brought up my order, which was 2 spindles of DL, not plus. I said I had changed my mind and wanted the advertised DLP instead. She tried to palm the regular DL as being the same, since the SKU number matched. I told her it was not the same thing, there was a quality difference. The manager had gotten involved at this point, and I asked here if they were in the business of advertising one thing and selling another. The guy at the register, bless his heart, told her they did have spindles of 50 of the DLP in back. That's what I would up getting, a spindle of 50 DLP, for 29 bucks plus tax.
rmdir
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:29 am
Location: Chicago


Return to Hot Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.