Home News Reviews Forums Shop

When you grow up

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

When you grow up

Postby MonteLDS on Fri May 16, 2003 8:46 pm

When you get older who are you going be friends with? Who will stick around and who will possibly fade away?

It has been intresting for me to recently look back and look forward and who will be in my life and who won't.

I bet I stay friends with one or two people I know today in the long run. That is if anyone at all. I bet like everyone fades away, like even Jen with her going to school out of state in the fall and being most people i know is just from being online it probly won't be long till the page is refreshed and the content is diffrent. the scheme is blue instead of black.

maybe some older people to the forum can relate with their story of hoe life changed from the time they were in their early 20's to today
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri May 16, 2003 11:39 pm

I break it down into two areas. The people you knew from when you were a kid, and then people from college.

Given, my wife went to my high school, but I really didn't know her (she's younger than me) so I do talk to some of her friends from back home. However, I am friends with very few people from that part of my life. Interestingly enough, the people I still talk to are ones that I didn't go to school with. They were just friends from other places.

And then you have the people from college. Other than Boone, there are only a few people that I still talk to on a regular basis. Most of them are all over the country so they're all doing their own thing. If I'm lucky I get to see them a few times a year.

I found that once you get married, you spend a lot of time with your family (wife, kids, etc).
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby MonteLDS on Sat May 17, 2003 10:39 am

Ian wrote:I found that once you get married, you spend a lot of time
with your family (wife, kids, etc).

you forgot to add in "Message Boards" :)

how does Ian do it :)
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Re: When you grow up

Postby ChrisX on Mon May 19, 2003 8:20 pm

MonteLDS wrote:When you get older who are you going be friends with? Who will stick around and who will possibly fade away?

Maybe some older people to the forum can relate with their story of hoe life changed from the time they were in their early 20's to today

How old are you? You must be young to ask this question of what happens in age. We all get older to the end of life. 20s>30s>40s>50s>60s and so on.

I am just about to turn 50 myself and a long time since I was 20 y.o. Friends and people just come and go with the times. I lost contact with everyone in school and the last meeting of a school friend was about 3 years ago by chance. She is now married and I don't even know her surname and address. Life goes on.

We all experienced different people all the time over a span of a lifetime. Some come to my area, myself move to another area, some leave my area and I change jobs. Meet others on travel and sometimes meet someone new. I sometimes meet someone with similar interests or goal in life.

I got just one very close personal friend and I've known this person since 1980, such a lifetime friendship.

I think a person's spouse would be the most likely lifetime friend to know and this one would be the one only to the end. In some cases, a divorce wouldn't stop the continued close association of one another. :lol:
ChrisX
Buffer Underrun

Return to The Beer Garden