dolphinius_rex wrote:I recommend avoiding unbranded TY (Taiyo Yuden) CD-Rs. The Maxell Pro CD-Rs are probably the best. They are a high grade TY CD-R with a protective coating. Verbatim Datalife Plus isn't too bad either, neither is Plextor or That's brand TY, but I'd place them all below the Maxell Pro CD-Rs.
Avoid Fuji TY!
Why is Fuji TY so bad?
My That's are ceramic coat and I like them, but not all are ceramic coated.
I would use:
1. Maxell Pro (Made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden)
2. That's Ceramic Coat (Taiyo Yuden)
3. Plextor (Taiyo Yuden)
4. That's non-Ceramic Coat (Taiyo Yuden)
5. Verbatim Extra Protection (only the Made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden, the made in China and made in India Extra Protection are only average but not really good!)
6. Unbranded TY Printable
7. Verbatim Pastel Disc (Taiyo Yuden)
8. Verbatim Super Azo (Made in Taiwan or China by CMC Magnetics)
9. HP (Made in China by CMC Magnetics)
10. Unbranded TY shiny silver
11. Verbatim Super Azo (Made in India by Moser Baer)
12. Mitsui/MAM-A (Made in the USA by MAM-A)
13. BenQ (Made in Malaysia by Daxon)
14. Maxell (Made in China by Ritek)
15. Ridata (Made in China by Ritek)
Stuff below 10. or 11. only for daily use