Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Why does NV3 hang while transcoding some videos? (VBR WMV)

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Why does NV3 hang while transcoding some videos? (VBR WMV)

Postby Waters7 on Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:34 pm

Specifically I'm trying to convert 52 30 minute variable bit rate WMV's to a few video DVDs using NeroVision Express 3. The DVD-Video plugin costed 20 bucks so I was counting on it to work.

On about 2 out of every 10 videos, nero is freezing in the exact same spot every time, like it's confused how to convert that particular video frame or something. NeroVision keeps running but stops making any progress and can't be closed without task manager. If I use WME to convert the files to constant bit rate, they transcode all the way through, but the resulting dvd plays those movies gimpy. Every other movie plays correctly but those particular movies only play small portions then skip to the next movie.

This problem has occured on both computers I've tried NVE on. Both are Gateway computers. One has ATI Radeon Express 200M and AMD Turion 64, the other has a generic graphics card and 2.7 Ghz Celeron.

Does anyone know of this bug, what's causing it, or a workaround?
Waters7
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon May 01, 2006 5:15 pm

If you disable the Nero SmartEncoding feature do you find that Nero Vision still has trouble with these files?

To disable SmartEncoding, launch Nero Vision and under MORE->Default Video Options, disable the SmartEncoding feature.

What version of Nero Vision do you have? Are you using the latest Nero Vision 4.5.0.15?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Waters7 on Tue May 09, 2006 8:20 pm

CCampbell wrote:If you disable the Nero SmartEncoding feature do you find that Nero Vision still has trouble with these files?

To disable SmartEncoding, launch Nero Vision and under MORE->Default Video Options, disable the SmartEncoding feature.

What version of Nero Vision do you have? Are you using the latest Nero Vision 4.5.0.15?

Regards,

Craig

The same thing happens after I disable SmartEncoding as per your instructions. The Smart Encoding box is no longer checked. I double checked. I'm not trying to come accross rude, and I appreciate you taking the time to actually do customer support.

I have Nero 6, which doesn't allow me to have NeroVision 4. I don't want to shell out money for a bug-fix since NV3 is supposed to do this.
Waters7
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed May 17, 2006 4:24 pm

No, Nero Vision 3 should not be an issue in most cases.

How are these source files created?

Are there any differences between the ones that work and the ones that fail? You can use software such as GSpot to get details about the source file.

Do you have the latset NVE 3.1.0.25?

A log file might help me provide more useful information as well.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)