Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Why am I not at CES?

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Why am I not at CES?

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:25 pm

All of my buddies from work are at CES. All of my friends in the industry are at CES. All of my blank media reps are at CES.

*I WANT TO BE AT CES!!!!!!!!!*

anyone else know how I feel?

The worst part is, I can't even do my job because all of the companies I work with are closed because they are all at CES. The words bored is too light a word to describe what my day job is like right now :o
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Re: Why am I not at CES?

Postby Ian on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:36 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:anyone else know how I feel?


Yes, I know how you feel. But if I went to CES, I'd have a pissed off, pregnant wife at home.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:46 pm

Yup, I know how you feel. I can't go to Macworld SF this year because my Uncle will be in Seattle.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Re: Why am I not at CES?

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:39 pm

Ian wrote:But if I went to CES, I'd have a pissed off, pregnant wife at home.

ooohhh...dangerous, very dangerous :lol:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Re: Why am I not at CES?

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:03 pm

Ian wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:anyone else know how I feel?


Yes, I know how you feel. But if I went to CES, I'd have a pissed off, pregnant wife at home.


Ian, this comic is for you:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?d ... 8-23&res=l
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Re: Why am I not at CES?

Postby MediumRare on Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:41 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:All of my buddies from work are at CES. All of my friends in the industry are at CES. All of my blank media reps are at CES.

*I WANT TO BE AT CES!!!!!!!!!*

anyone else know how I feel?

The worst part is, I can't even do my job because all of the companies I work with are closed because they are all at CES. The words bored is too light a word to describe what my day job is like right now :o

I'll bite- why aren't you at CES if it's to everyone's advantage?

G
User avatar
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: ffm

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Never been to CES, although I'd love to go if I wasn't so busy with work and family these days.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
User avatar
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:28 am

Re: Why am I not at CES?

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:32 pm

MediumRare wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:All of my buddies from work are at CES. All of my friends in the industry are at CES. All of my blank media reps are at CES.

*I WANT TO BE AT CES!!!!!!!!!*

anyone else know how I feel?

The worst part is, I can't even do my job because all of the companies I work with are closed because they are all at CES. The words bored is too light a word to describe what my day job is like right now :o

I'll bite- why aren't you at CES if it's to everyone's advantage?

G


My comapny doesn't think there is enough stuff that will interest them at CES, so they don't send a rep to scout it out. But next year I'll be twisting their arm, or paying my own way. One way or the other, I'm going to go next year!! :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Ian on Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:54 pm

Me too. I got a short list of PR reps and product managers that I want to corner and "chat" with.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:43 pm

Hmm, MSP-LAS airfare is always pretty cheap... get to annoy two people with one flight. :P
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:37 am

Ian wrote:Me too. I got a short list of PR reps and product managers that I want to corner and "chat" with.


There are a couple of people I'd like to "discuss" some things with as well... some reps are SOOOOO clueless and frustrating.

*person A* - "The G06? no it doesn't exist, it's just a silly rumour someone started"

*person B* - "but what about this picture of the disc? and this media quality scan showing the MID code??"

*person A* - "......umm...... I don't know, but it doesn't exist"
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Wesociety on Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:41 am

Hope to see you guys there next year. :D
User avatar
Wesociety
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:33 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:41 am

Wesociety wrote:Hope to see you guys there next year. :D


I'll be there!!

Even if I have to pay my own way :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby MonteLDS on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:22 pm

CES? church education system? :)
User avatar
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:32 pm
Location: San Fran Bay Area CALIFORNIA

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:50 pm

MonteLDS wrote:CES? church education system? :)


umm.... sure..... why not :roll:

Consumer Electronics Show I believe it stands for.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada


Return to The Beer Garden

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.