Buffalo Americas, a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of wired and wireless networking and network and direct attached storage solutions, today announced its LinkStation 200 Series of easy to use network storage devices. Ideal for home users, the new LinkStation 200 Series provides simple network storage and backup and offers an assortment of features, allowing users to store, organize, access and stream media files from any computer, smartphone or tablet. Users can even set up a free personal cloud for access anytime, anywhere, at home or on the go.
"As multimedia content continues to grow in volume, consumers have an increased need to store, organize and access their movies, music and photos in one centralized location," said Matt Dargis, COO, Buffalo Americas. "The LinkStation 200 Series addresses this need by allowing both casual users and tech enthusiasts to access their high value content easily, quickly and securely at home or on the go from any smartphone or tablet device."
Fast, Simple Network Attached Storage
Buffalo's LinkStation 200 Series delivers easy to use NAS and personal cloud storage with an assortment of unique features and capabilities:
- Available as a single-drive model (LS210D) up to 4 TB and as a dual-drive (LS220D) model up to 8 TB with RAID 1 support for automatic data protection
- Provides simple and secure shared storage and backup for all PC and Mac computers and mobile devices on a home network
- Simply connect to a wireless router and follow the step-by-step setup wizard from any computer, or use the Quick Setup feature to configure a LinkStation 200 device from any smartphone or tablet
- It is DLNA Certified, it can be used as an iTunes® server and it features an integrated BitTorrent® Client for simplified media storage and streaming and P2P sharing.
- Allows users to backup content on up to five home or office Windows PCs by using NovaBACKUP Professional, or back up Mac computers with Time Machine
- Attach a USB printer to the network or add a USB hard drive for additional backup
- While on the go, the easy to use WebAccess service allows users to create a free personal cloud for remote access over the Internet from any computer, smartphone or tablet device
Access Files On-the-Go
While on the go, Buffalo's free WebAccess service allows consumers to create a personal cloud for easy remote access and file sharing with anyone, anywhere over the Internet. The LinkStation 200 Series with WebAccess enables terabytes of data to be securely stored on a home network, and with Buffalo's free WebAccess, consumers can quickly retrieve their data from any computer, tablet or smartphone device over the web. Sharing is as easy as sending a link to friends and family, as they can securely access only the files selected for them to see. For enhanced access on-the-go, Buffalo offers free WebAccess mobile apps for Apple® and Android™.
Pricing and Availability
The new LinkStation 200 Series is backed by a limited three-year warranty and includes toll-free U.S.-based technical support available 24/7.
- The single-drive LinkStation 210 will be available in Q2 at an MSRP of $169.99 for the 2 TB (LS210D0201), $209.99 for the 3 TB (LS201D0301) and $259.99 for the 4 TB (LS210D0401).
- The dual-drive LinkStation 220 will be available in Q2 at an MSRP of $239.99 for the 2 TB (LS220D0202), $329.99 for the 4 TB (LS220D0402), $439.99 for the 6 TB (LS220D0602) and $549.99 for the 8 TB (LS220D0802).