Corel today announced that it has completed the acquisition of the Roxio business from Rovi Corporation. With this deal, Corel has expanded its product portfolio to include Roxio’s broad range of digital media and security solutions, including Roxio Creator, the industry’s most popular digital media suite and Roxio Toast, the leading media conversion software on the Mac platform. Financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.
Corel now adds the Roxio product line, including the following well-known products, to its portfolio:
- Roxio Creator – Software to enhance, preserve, capture and share your digital media
- Roxio Toast – The ultimate multi-media toolkit for your Mac
- Roxio Game Capture – Software and hardware solution to record your console gameplay
- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD – Convert analog video tapes to digital video for sharing on DVD, online and mobile devices
- Roxio CinePlayer DVD Decoder – Watch your favorite DVDs on Windows Media Player
- Roxio BackOnTrack Suite – Complete media protection solution that automatically keeps your memories safe and protects your PC from both hardware and software disasters
- Roxio Secure Products – Powerful encryption for optical media and USB flash drives
“We want Roxio’s customers and partners to know that these products are an important addition to our portfolio and they will have a great home with Corel,” said Shawn Cadeau, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing at Corel. “We look forward to bringing together the best of what Corel and Roxio have to offer as we work to deliver even richer, more rewarding experiences to our customers.”
With this acquisition, Corel will take advantage of its well-established global infrastructure to dramatically broaden distribution of Roxio products into new international markets. In addition, the company will draw upon the complementary video, photo, audio, and disc burning technologies found in both Roxio and Corel software to give users even more capabilities and further enhance Corel’s overall product portfolio. Corel also sees significant opportunities in combining the strengths of Corel’s and Roxio’s established retail and direct sales channels and large customer bases.
In a separate news release today, Corel also announced the introduction of its first Roxio product, Roxio VHS to DVD 3 Plus. Today many customers have precious memories recorded on old tapes that are degrading over time and the devices to play them may eventually disappear. Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus makes it easy to transfer your VHS, Hi8 and V8 videos tapes to digital video formats and save them to DVD. New easy-to-use features make your videos look great and also offer sharing to YouTube™, Facebook and mobile devices like iPhone. See the full news release at: www.corel.com/newsroom.