I believe I burned my first CD-R on my new LiteOn DVD burner on my WinXP system last night. I played it this morning in my stereo and the 2nd song comes up as -100 minutes and counts up -99:99, -99:98, etc. each second, the third song plays and it continues in this manner. I guess it's approaching zero. I then played the same CD in my car stereo on the way to work and it plays the first song fine, but then the second one plays from -60 seconds down to zero and starts over again over and over (actually -59 to zero). This happens continuously through all the songs on the CD and doesn't start over at -59 between songs. So, I can hear the CD, I just can't click ahead and back to hear the songs I want. Here are the settings I burned at with specs:
- XP system below
- LiteOn 851S DVD burner (GSOF firmware)
- Nero 6 Ultra software (I believe no patches or updates yet installed)
- normalize all music
- no pauses between tracks (first track has 2 second pause before it, but all others none; first track is only 22 seconds)
- CD I burned was Muse - Absolution
- burned at 8X CD burning on 74min TDK CD-R (max burn on these CD-Rs is 12X and 12X was not a choice to choose from)
Anyone know what's going on right off the bat? I did upgrade the firmware to GSOH last night, but I think that just adds compatibility for more DVD media. Am I missing a setting in Nero 6 Ultra? I burned with the same settings as my Win98SE system and Nero 5.5 that came with my LiteOn CD burner. Is it because the first song is only 22 seconds or the no pauses between tracks? Does this DVD burner not like 74 minute CD-Rs? Maybe I need to burn at 16X? Thanks for any help.
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,4GB RAM,Nvidia GTX-280,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
DRAGONSLAYER (bye): WinXPSP3,P4 3.2,Asus P4800-Deluxe,3GB RAM,Radeon 9800Pro 256MB,LG GH22LP20,Asus E616P3,Lite-On LTR-52327S.