Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CD-R on LiteOn 851S DVD Burner, Nero6Ultra, Music???

Burn baby burn!

CD-R on LiteOn 851S DVD Burner, Nero6Ultra, Music???

Postby SkaarjMaster on Fri May 14, 2004 8:53 am

I believe I burned my first CD-R on my new LiteOn DVD burner on my WinXP system last night. I played it this morning in my stereo and the 2nd song comes up as -100 minutes and counts up -99:99, -99:98, etc. each second, the third song plays and it continues in this manner. I guess it's approaching zero. I then played the same CD in my car stereo on the way to work and it plays the first song fine, but then the second one plays from -60 seconds down to zero and starts over again over and over (actually -59 to zero). This happens continuously through all the songs on the CD and doesn't start over at -59 between songs. So, I can hear the CD, I just can't click ahead and back to hear the songs I want. Here are the settings I burned at with specs:

- XP system below
- LiteOn 851S DVD burner (GSOF firmware)
- Nero 6 Ultra software (I believe no patches or updates yet installed)
- normalize all music
- no pauses between tracks (first track has 2 second pause before it, but all others none; first track is only 22 seconds)
- CD I burned was Muse - Absolution
- burned at 8X CD burning on 74min TDK CD-R (max burn on these CD-Rs is 12X and 12X was not a choice to choose from)

Anyone know what's going on right off the bat? I did upgrade the firmware to GSOH last night, but I think that just adds compatibility for more DVD media. Am I missing a setting in Nero 6 Ultra? I burned with the same settings as my Win98SE system and Nero 5.5 that came with my LiteOn CD burner. Is it because the first song is only 22 seconds or the no pauses between tracks? Does this DVD burner not like 74 minute CD-Rs? Maybe I need to burn at 16X? Thanks for any help. :-?
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby SkaarjMaster on Fri May 14, 2004 2:38 pm

Anyone have any good ideas? I just wanted to minimize the number of created and then trashed coasters. :wink:

.....just checked my version of Nero and it's 6.0.0.0 and I DLed an update to current version 6.3.1.10 I think I'll apply only the first package (and that's all I'm going to install or need anyway) and try the burn again. Of course, this time is will also be with new firmware GSOH as well.

.....I decided to wait on the update for now because I saw it said demo update somewhere. Anymore ideas?

....I'm also burning it again on my Win98SE computer right now and hopefully it will work. [-o<

It worked on the CD burner! I wonder what's wrong with the DVD burner? :-?
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby SkaarjMaster on Fri May 14, 2004 11:51 pm

Well, I did a little searching and this is what I found:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/80602

Seems the problem may be that Nero doesn't like my Lite-On DVD burner or vice versa............at least for burning music CD-Rs. This kinda blows my theory of getting the Lite-On DVD burner partially for the 40X CD burning feature. Anyone know good and free software for burning CDs that will work with my Lite-On DVD burner?
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri May 14, 2004 11:58 pm

try burnatonce.
www.burnatonce.com
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby SkaarjMaster on Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 am

Nope, can't use it. It will not run correctly if autorun is enabled (read it on the Burnatonce web site).

One thing I just found out is that my DVD burner IS on the list of supported burners for Nero. Maybe it's just a 6.0.0.0 version bug?
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat May 15, 2004 12:19 am

SkaarjMaster wrote:One thing I just found out is that my DVD burner IS on the list of supported burners for Nero. Maybe it's just a 6.0.0.0 version bug?

wow!
update Nero!
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby MediumRare on Sat May 15, 2004 9:50 am

SkaarjMaster wrote:.....I decided to wait on the update for now because I saw it said demo update somewhere.

Go ahead and upgrade. The same file will update an OEM or registered version (like your Ultra version) or install a time limited test version.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby SkaarjMaster on Sat May 15, 2004 11:07 pm

I upgraded to 6.3.1.6 and it burns CD-Rs fine now! Yippee! =D>
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives