Were these files created by TMPGEnc or another encoder?
No,they were done by Recode 2.I only use Recode 2,it's the best I've used and I won't switch.I figured I try for fun and strip the Main Title of the dvd and then I could add a basic menu for fun but it was taking the entire length of the Title.I've used NVE to do SVCD menus and that also took the length of the track.It did work though,no problems playing.Reason why I bring this subject up is TMPG doesn't let me put a music track in the menu (music playing while your looking at the menu).I remember NVE letting me do this a few times to svcd's and the quality was great.I just thought it was strange that NVE took this long.I'll try again to make sure though.
What I find happens often in NVE3 is that after it imports several 1GB DVD-compliant (VOB) files, it freezes during the analyzing process and then I have to terminate NVE3 and start all over again !
I' haven't encountered this problem yet.
BTW Craig,as per the previous post about the weird recode bug,I d'loaded NVE 30127 and the"remake a dvd" function works fine.I think my PC was the issue.