Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Please Change your Avatar

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Please Change your Avatar

Postby ClayBuster on Wed May 12, 2004 6:18 pm

LMFAO CDRecorder has to be kidding me. How on earth could anyone be offended by a fully clothed animated Pixie?

CDRecorder wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to request that you change your avatar. I find it offensive, and I am sure that many other users of this web site do as well. Also, I believe it violates the forum rules.

CDRLabs Forum Rules wrote:4. Avoid using account names, signatures or avatars that are offensive and inappropriate.

Thanks!

CDRecorder, CDRLabs Moderator

What about AvWiz's Avatar? I find them totally offending :wink: I will not change my Avatar You can Ban my account before I do!

Edited for naughty Language!
Last edited by ClayBuster on Wed May 12, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Wed May 12, 2004 6:33 pm

Please watch your language.

I think that pictures like that, animated or not, are not appropriate to be displayed in a public forum, especially since young people frequently access these forums.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby ClayBuster on Wed May 12, 2004 6:37 pm

CDRecorder wrote:Please watch your language.

I think that pictures like that, animated or not, are not appropriate to be displayed in a public forum, especially since young people frequently access these forums.

Edited because you are right about the language. As for the Pixie

I think you're nutz! :wink:
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed May 12, 2004 6:43 pm

Well, I don't think its the pixie, or her outfit. It's the fact that her boobies are about ready to bounce out of her blouse.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby MonteLDS on Wed May 12, 2004 6:44 pm

i agree it is time to just go back to normal avatar all would be well.

Please no more ugly men icon..
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby ClayBuster on Wed May 12, 2004 6:45 pm

MonteLDS For some reason yours just plain scare me! Are you alright?
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby ClayBuster on Wed May 12, 2004 6:47 pm

WooHoo I'm A CD-RW Thug :o
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Wed May 12, 2004 7:00 pm

Ian wrote:Well, I don't think its the pixie, or her outfit. It's the fact that her boobies are about ready to bounce out of her blouse.

Correct.

Claybuster: thanks for editing your post. :)

BTW, I wasn't trying to be harsh. I hope you didn't take it that way.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby LoneWolf on Wed May 12, 2004 7:42 pm

CDRecorder wrote:I think that pictures like that, animated or not, are not appropriate to be displayed in a public forum, especially since young people frequently access these forums.

While I'm not big on the pictures of boobage and such (it's fine for home, but I browse this at work), I think that if this policy is going to be applied, it should be evenly. One of my colleagues was a little bit startled by Dodecahedron's pictures of Samantha and the other gal this afternoon when I was replying to a post, and personally, I find those more racy than the anime avatar in question. Is this policy going to be applied on down the line to him and others, or is the forum cherry-picking?

No offense or disrespect is intended to moderators or people with the avatars, I'd just like to know what the guidelines are (or if there are none, will there be some drawn up?)
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Wed May 12, 2004 7:48 pm

LoneWolf wrote:I think that if this policy is going to be applied, it should be evenly.

I agree. Although I don't think that any guidelines other than the rule I quoted in my PM (shown in the first post of this thread), my opinion is that such a policy should be applied, and that it should apply to everyone equally.

LoneWolf wrote:One of my colleagues was a little bit startled by Dodecahedron's pictures of Samantha and the other gal this afternoon when I was replying to a post, and personally, I find those more racy than the anime avatar in question. Is this policy going to be applied on down the line to him and others, or is the forum cherry-picking?

I sent Dodecahedron a PM asking him to remove those photos, too.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Alejandra on Wed May 12, 2004 8:19 pm

Ian wrote:Well, I don't think its the pixie, or her outfit. It's the fact that her boobies are about ready to bounce out of her blouse.

Yeah, that happens almost anywhere like Baywatch or in a very familiar tv programs like the Superbowl.
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Wed May 12, 2004 9:55 pm

Relax ClayBuster.

I got the PM from him/her too.

I'd already changed my avatar back to the Canadian Flag.

Which some people may find offensive too.

I resisted the urge to make it a topless girl from Bora Bora...
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Correct me if i am wrong...

Postby BatGnat on Wed May 12, 2004 10:25 pm

Is the moderator American?

I ask because here in Australia we constantly find amusement with what Americans find offensive and what they dont.

You can have somebody be killed on screen, just as long as they are not naked or swearing.

I am not trying to offend anyone, but i find that the animation which is the discussion of this forum is nothing to talk about. Most boys over the age of ten have probably seen(or have stashed away) a copy of playboy(or something more explicit).

It just seems like Kyles mum has been on rampage again.You know what Cartman sings.
BatGnat
Buffer Underrun

Re: Please Change your Avatar

Postby aviationwiz on Wed May 12, 2004 10:33 pm

ClayBuster wrote:What about AvWiz's Avatar? I find them totally offending :wink:

Uh, uh, good thing that wink is there. If you want to have an avatar of Norm Coleman, feel free to do so. This avatar I just put up this weekend too.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Re: Please Change your Avatar

Postby MonteLDS on Wed May 12, 2004 10:52 pm

aviationwiz wrote:
ClayBuster wrote:What about AvWiz's Avatar? I find them totally offending :wink:

Uh, uh, good thing that wink is there. If you want to have an avatar of Norm Coleman, feel free to do so. This avatar I just put up this weekend too.

I just am sick of seeing public servants as avatars. Something is just not right about that..
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Wed May 12, 2004 10:55 pm

Good thing or what? Gonna throw another hissy fit? <----NOTE THE LACK OF THE WINK.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby JamieW on Wed May 12, 2004 10:56 pm

I have yet to find a single thing on these forums offensive. Some things stupid, but not offensive.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby wicked1 on Wed May 12, 2004 11:08 pm

cdrecorder give me a break on claybusters avatar. Have you not ever watched kids cartoons? The female jiggle effect is quite prominent on them. The only avatar that I find offensive are aviationwiz's.
Pioneer dvr-108,NEC 3540,BenQ 1640,LiteOn 1693S
Intel pentium D 930 oc to 4.2 ghz
2 gb ddr2 1066 mhz ram
geforce 7600GT
sb audigy 2 zs platnum
hardware mpeg2 encoder card

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good
wicked1
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Wed May 12, 2004 11:19 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't want to start a big conflict here. I just think that this avatar is not appropriate because the clothing on the person is too revealing. You are all entitled to your own opinions, but I am sticking to my opinion.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby burninfool on Thu May 13, 2004 12:10 am

Reality check:IT'S ANIME....not actual people!
If anybody finds anime pictures 'erotic' or 'offensive' then they should seek psychiatric help.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Thu May 13, 2004 12:32 am

CDRecorder wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't want to start a big conflict here. I just think that this avatar is not appropriate because the clothing on the person is too revealing. You are all entitled to your own opinions, but I am sticking to my opinion.

thank goodness we have someone with standers here!
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Thu May 13, 2004 12:34 am

burninfool wrote:Reality check:IT'S ANIME....not actual people!
If anybody finds anime pictures 'erotic' or 'offensive' then they should seek psychiatric help.

i think that these "anime" are seeking to be "erotic" and thus why they shouldn't be here.
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Thu May 13, 2004 12:50 am

Monte, just because we don't hold YOUR standards doesn't mean we don't have standards. That implication is crass, ignorant, and judgemental. I would venture to say that nearly all taboos are social constructions. I didn't grow up being taught that these things are offensive. I wasn't taught that harmless pictures are offensive and I sure as hell wasn't taught to use other people's penchant for them as a basis upon which to judge their character, unlike yourself.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby JamieW on Thu May 13, 2004 12:53 am

BTW, as long as we are imposing opinions, I find your sad, phallic flower to be insulting and thus it is offensive. Please remove it. I find aviation's avatar offensive because it promotes ideologies that I think are wrong based on that persons politics. I think spaz's avatar is offensive because I don't like canadians. Would you three please remove your avatars?
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby Alejandra on Thu May 13, 2004 1:11 am

CDRecorder wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't want to start a big conflict here. I just think that this avatar is not appropriate because the clothing on the person is too revealing. You are all entitled to your own opinions, but I am sticking to my opinion.

But you are pleading for others more than you, you said young people, but those young people don't see people in swimsuits when they visit beaches, or other countries with hot climate that people uses almost no clothes.

Human body does not have any perversion by itself, it's the dirt mind that has it.

I agreed to pull out the iMacGirl pic of my avatat script, but I don't agree with that criterion.

For me the pixie avatar ClayBuster is congruent, boobies bounce when women walk/run, who wants to cover the sun with a finger, gimme a break. On daily basis I saw some women using less "enough clothing" than that avatar and no one is covering the eyes of the "young people" arround.

BTW, there will be somebody has a pixie, preferable animated, of Maddona and Britney? You knew wich one.
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to The Beer Garden