Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Lightscribe CD-R Label Burn Success!!

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Lightscribe CD-R Label Burn Success!!

Postby REBDVD on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:47 pm

I have just burnt my second CD-R Lightscribe label since Christmas! :D

I have just found a firmware upgrade for my HP 840i DVD burner (available here http://tinyurl.com/gdsmf ) and after updating the firmware and rebooting I tried a LS CD-R label.

Initially, Nero's cover designer went into the usual "Not Responding" session for a couple of minutes or so before spitting the previously inserted disk out. Given the option to retry, I pushed the disk back in and tried again.

This time, the system found the LS disk straight away and gave me the option to 'print'. I did so and lo and behold, I now have a labelled CD-R.

I also have the latest LS drivers 1.4.89.1 installed - and before the firmware upgrade, they didn't help.

Not sure if this is a one off - so I'll have to prep another CD for labelling.

For the moment though, I am one happy bunny :D :D
REBDVD
Buffer Underrun

Not so successful after all

Postby REBDVD on Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Thought it was too good to be true. :(

I just tried to preview another LS label using both Surething Labeller and Nero Cover Designer and I appear to be back where I started.

All my CD-R disks (HP's own brand :( ) are once again not recognised as LS disks and both programs go into "Program Not Responding" mode for about 2 or 3 mins.

Time for a nag at HP methinks :evil:
REBDVD
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:47 am

Can You save the labeled disc picture and post it in the forum for the others to see it?.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby REBDVD on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:14 pm

TCAS wrote:Can You save the labeled disc picture and post it in the forum for the others to see it?.

Er..... why?

I have since bought some Verbatim CD-Rs (LS V1.2) and although I have only tried one of them, it did burn the label first time with only a brief visit to "Progam Not Responding" land.
REBDVD
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers