Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 8.3.2.1 Released

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 8.3.2.1 Released

Postby Ian on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Nero 8.3.2.1 has been released. No change log yet.. but that shouldn't be too surprising at this point. :wink:

http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero8-update.php
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby seaegg on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Unfortunately that update doesn't work on my Nero 8 Ultimate Edition keeps giving me an error saying error applying transforms. When I use the update feature in Nero Control Centre I get the same error. I can't believe I shelled out for software that won't update.
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Postby kincaid on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:14 am

For reasons beyond my understanding I couldn't update over the last release. I was forced to use the CleanTool which takes a century to complete and then had to install the new update from scratch. I wasted a few hours over a simple update.
kincaid
Buffer Underrun

Postby seaegg on Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:56 am

I hear you. I've contacted Nero about it and will wait to see if they ever reply.
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Postby seaegg on Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:37 am

Decided to rty your method and it worked for me as well although as you said it's a pain.
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Postby kincaid on Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:58 am

seaegg wrote:Decided to rty your method and it worked for me as well although as you said it's a pain.

Yeah... :(

I couldn't update and even when I uninstalled the previous install it still wouldn't let me install the new update and acted like I still had Nero installed. That's why I had to use the CleanTool.

The really annoying part was that when I ran the installer it would get to the point where it said something needed to be uninstalled and if I hit "OK" it would be uninstalled, reboot and the update shoul proceed. The problem was my system did nothing when I hit "OK". It was as if I hadn't done anything at all. So I was just stuck.

The CleanTool is great in that it "cleans" up Nero leftovers or just forcefully kills Nero installs but it is insane how long the thing takes to actually complete the process.

Glad you managed to get things working. Just sucky that it was such a pain in the butt.

I've used Nero since Windows XP went RTM back in 2001. This is the 2nd issue I had in that period of time with an update. The last time I was this frustrated and needed to use the CleanTool was when I used the internal update mechanism in Nero. I will NEVER use that again. It took literally hours to download the files necessary to update and then my entire Nero install was hosed. I couldn't update and I also couldn't uninstall. CleanTool to the rescue. In both cases I cursed the people who create the Nero updates/installers.
kincaid
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)