Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Insert Label

Answers To Frequently Asked Questions

Insert Label

Postby E.Richard Roberts 3rd. on Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:09 am

Hi. I am brand new here. Need some help with Nero. In CD-Creator you can compile a number of songs and then with one click create and print the insert label with titles and song. How do I accomplish this with Nero. Using ver: 5.5.9. Thanks very much.

Ole' Salty :roll:
Life is like a septic tank. Goin ahead is a whole lot better than a backn up.
E.Richard Roberts 3rd.

Postby cfitz on Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:51 am

The first thing you need to do is set the properties for your compilation and all the tracks on it. You can set the disc properties by selecting "File"->"Compilation Info", choosing the Audio CD tab, and filling in all the data fields you wish to use. You can set the track properties manually by right-clicking each track in the "Audio" compilation window, selecting "Properties", then choosing the "Track Properties" tab and filling in the Title and Artist fields.

This can be a lot of work, so Nero provides a database mechanism to automate some of the process. Open "File"->"Preferences", and choose the "Database" tab. Make sure the "Read Server (http):" box under the "User Internet CD database" heading is checked, as well as the three "Open the database during..." checkboxes at the bottom of the page. This will make Nero pop up a window every time you add an audio track, and give you the choice of getting the CD and track information from the Internet rather than having to look it up and type it in yourself. You can also set up local copies of your own databases through the "Extras"->"Create a New User Database..." menu option.

Okay, now all the raw data is in place, so it is time to print the cover art. Select "File"->"Print CD Cover", or press the fourth button from the left in the button bar under the Nero menus - the button that somewhat resembles a sheet of white paper with a horizontal blue pen 3/4 up the page. This will open the Nero Cover Designer program, with the CD information pre-populated. Choose one of the pre-made templates, make your own, or modify one of the existing ones, then print your booklet, inlay, and disc label as desired.

It is a lot of tedium to get this all set up properly in the first place, but once you have things working to your satisfaction it will save you a good deal of time, particularly if you burn a lot of audio discs.

cfitz

Ian, should this be moved to the Ahead forum?
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:43 am

nope!
this should be moved to the FAQ forum! :wink:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby cfitz on Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:51 am

Really? Has it ever been asked before?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:57 am

i've no idea.

but this is certainly a FAQ-like question, and a FAQ-like answer, it taught me stuff i didn't know, and i can certainly imagine someone asking it again in the future, and a newbie benefitting from reading it. so why not?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby cfitz on Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:01 am

Okay, but lets see if it helps Mr. Roberts first. :wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:36 am

You must be clairvoyant, dodecahedron. :o :D I just referenced this post from another post in the Ahead forum. Maybe it is a useful post...

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Re. Label Inserts

Postby E.Richard Roberts 3rd. on Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:35 am

CFITZ , thanks for the reply. Iappreciate it. I haven't done much with CD recording however I am getting excited about the many things that can be done. I have a Yahama 8-4-24 burner at the present time and am about to buy the CenDyne new 52x drive.Have been monitoring this site for the last week and glad I found it. Will make sure the new drive is the LO product. Thanks again for the help. Dick
E.Richard Roberts 3rd.

Return to FAQ's