Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Is it cold enough for you?

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Postby BuddhaTB on Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:43 pm

No rain in Cali in the last 6 months and people were saying we have a drought and everything. The past two days have been raining non-stop and its just pouring. The worst weather I've had to drive in so far. :(
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:30 pm

Washington D.C.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:56 pm

DC will be shut down for a week or more with all that snow.. lol..

BuddhaTB, those Jordan's in your sig look like some I used to have when I was much younger and not afraid to get jacked for my shoes. What are those? The retro 8's?
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby BuddhaTB on Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:55 pm

Ian wrote:BuddhaTB, those Jordan's in your sig look like some I used to have when I was much younger and not afraid to get jacked for my shoes. What are those? The retro 8's?

Yup, those are the Air Jordan Retro 8's coming out March 1st. I never had the chance to wear Jordans as a kid because they were pretty expensive compared to all the other Nike shoes out. The 8's were pretty much my favorite as a kid, so Thanks to Nike for retroing them. Atleast this time around I hope to pick up a pair for myself to collect.

Jordans are all the rage in the sneaker community right now since this is MJ's last year. I've seen retro Jordans that are brand new go for upwards of $200 on ebay, with some of the better colors or rare Jordans going for over $200. If anyone is into Jordans, I would seriously go out on March 1st and pick up the VIII's as they won't be in stores for very long.

Happy 40th Birthday MJ! :D
http://www.netology.com/jordan.htm
http://www.instyleshoes.com/jordan.htm
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:00 am

<edit>
Removed the snowstorm pictures. They are old news now.
</edit>

cfitz
Last edited by cfitz on Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Spazmogen on Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:19 am

What's a little snow?

Why should it stop the whole East coast?

LOL. You guys got hit something BAD ! Even by Canadian standards. BAD! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was your car in the pictures ? :lol:
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:42 am

Yeah, I think 27+ inches of snow would give even our northern friends (including Wisconsin residents, Ian :wink: ) a bit of a hard time. We are still getting some snow today, although not like we were getting. I wonder how people in Siberia and lake-effect snow regions deal with it on a regular basis. I guess with enough experience, one can get used to almost anything.

And no, my car is not pictured under any of those mounds. I kept clearing it as the storm progressed, so it never got as bad as those pictured at any one moment in time. Also, I didn't go out to take pictures until I had cleared my and my neighbors' sidewalks and parking spaces. Now I wish I had taken pictures earlier before anyone had begun to dig out, but at the time I was focused on the major task at hand.

By the way, continually digging out the car didn't work out quite as I had hoped. We weren't supposed to have wind, so I figured I could shovel without worrying about drifts filling in my work, but unfortunately the winds did pick up and most of my efforts were wasted. About the only thing I accomplished was keeping down the snow buildup on top of the car - the least useful thing I could have accomplished. :(

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:58 pm

what fun! :P

i can see now why all that shovelling got you working a sweat, cfitz! :wink:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron