Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Do any of you own a convertible?

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Do any of you own a convertible?

Postby UALOneKPlus on Wed May 21, 2003 2:34 am

I rented a convertible Chrysler Sebring for the wife this past weekend to get away to Monterey. She fell in love with the car.

I have to say it's really really sweet. Now I'm tempted to buy one for her for our wedding anniversary!

For you guys who own a convertible, is it a good idea? Is it expensive, high maintenance, etc?
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Wed May 21, 2003 10:21 am

ya i own a convertible. The maintenance is the same as a normal car except that you vacum the car out more often then you do with a hard top car. I am only 22, and I pretty much been driving my little blue geo metro convertable since i was 17. I love it; mainly cause of the great gas mileage. And you know what is funny, I am going don to Monterey tonite in it :)

Get one; it's worth it if you need another car. That is if you do live in California like i am assuming you do. And the idea that you live in the bay area where it Rains only a 30 days a year
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby tazdevl on Wed May 21, 2003 11:52 pm

A lot depends on the top. I've got a 328is convertible. It uses straps to retract the top and has a plastic rear window. Straps save weight, but you have to spend a grand getting them replaced every 3 years or so if you retract the top a lot. Plastic rear windows get the infamous cloudy fold in the middle of them.

Convertibles typically carry a premium which is evidenced in their price if you look around. Also, not the best thing to take up to Tahoe.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden