Home News Reviews Forums Shop

InCD 4.0.1.0

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Postby burner1000000 on Sat May 31, 2003 11:12 pm

Hazey,

I had some of the same problems with one of my machines until I uninstalled Blind Write and Alcohol 120%. I think that the new InCD has a conflict with more programs or doesn't install properly with many other burning programs on your machine as KCK has noted.

I also ran Reg Cleaner and deleted all Nero products off, removed all nero references from the registry, deleted the Neo folder in the program files program and then reinstalled. It finally worked. However, InCD does not open automatically on either machine when I insert a new, unformatted disk.

Perhaps others can verify this or maybe I still have a conflict of some kind.
burner1000000
Buffer Underrun

Postby KCK on Sat May 31, 2003 11:14 pm

Pilgrim:

Yes, Ahead should have stated that InCD 3.x must be removed first (as mentioned in the FAQ).

Since you only have one problem, it would be kind to other users if you commented on the previously raised issues: timestamps for file copies, reading/writing speed, and memory requirements. And of course you should specify your OS, service packs and burner.

As for your problem, try the following (assuming XP and Autorun on). For your burner drive, in Explorer | Properties | Autoplay: Blank CD, select "Autorun empty CD using InCD".

Finally, as repeated many times before, you may indeed use the burner's eject button.
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby Pilgrim on Sat May 31, 2003 11:29 pm

KCK,

Thanks for the help.... that was easy enough. I would have thought, though, that this should have been enabled by default??

As for being "kind".... hehe.... I'll surely check out those items you mentioned and report back after I've had the opportunity to look at them. But, I have just recently installed InCD 4.0 and need a bit of time to be able to spend time doing them. Full plate at the moment. But I'll be back. Image

Jeff

EDIT: That "fix" didn't work on either of my PC's. Both are XP SP-1 and both are using a Liteon 52x24x52 burner.

Now what?
Last edited by Pilgrim on Sat May 31, 2003 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat May 31, 2003 11:31 pm

hi there, burner1000000!
nice to see you around. :D
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Hazey on Sat May 31, 2003 11:33 pm

burner1000000 wrote:However, InCD does not open automatically on either machine when I insert a new, unformatted disk.

:lol: LOL That's about the only thing InCD4 did right for me. :lol:

I had actually did a reformat eariler today, so i had no other burning software on my computer. I did have Nero 5.5.10.35 already installed aswell as InCD 3.5.24. I uninstalled the older InCD before installing the new one.

Cheers. :)
Hazey
Buffer Underrun

Postby burner1000000 on Sat May 31, 2003 11:47 pm

hi dodecahedron,

Nice to see that you are still here.

According to Ahead's documentation for InCD on their web site, InCD should have to be started with the windows explorer and right clicking on the drive to highlight the format command, etc., even with a blank CDRW/DVDRW. I could be wrong. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the documentation.

It would seem that InCD 4 still has a ways to go.

One of the new features that is nice is that InCD 4 lets you eject a disk using the eject button on the drive. Once they get all the bugs worked out, there will be very little reason to use any other packet writing software. Of course, InCD will not let you use a CDR, but I don't consider that much of a problem as Nero will let you "stage burn" a CDR.

Which, reminds me, does anyone have a release date for Nero 6?
burner1000000
Buffer Underrun

Postby KCK on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:13 am

Pilgrim:

Here is what I did to get InCD open automatically when I insert a blank disc.

For my burner drive F:, in Explorer | Properties | Autoplay: Blank CD, I selected "Autorun empty CD using InCD", and hit "Apply". Next, I inserted a blank CD-RW disc into my LTR-48125W burner, and I got the usual InCD window "Format F:\".

This is for XP SP1, with Autorun on for my burner drive, and of course "Launch InCD when blank disc inserted" checked in InCD Options. (To get InCD Options, right-click the InCD icon in the system tray and select Options, or click "Options..." in the InCD Format window.)

So what does Nero InfoTool say about Autorun for your burner?

Frankly, if you are too busy to test InCD 4.0.1.0, I'm wondering what you are doing here! 8)
Last edited by KCK on Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby Hazey on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:16 am

On the systray right click on the InCD icon, go to options, there should be an option to have InCD automatically recognize blank cdrw's for formating.

I do agree that this will be one of the best packet writing programs once the bugs are worked out. I just wish it worked for me now :cry:

Cheers :) .
Hazey
Buffer Underrun

Postby Pilgrim on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:18 am

Frankly, if you are too busy to test InCD 4.0.1.0, I'm wondering what you are doing here!
Frankly, I'm not sure how to take your comment. Would you care to explain what you mean by this?
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Postby KCK on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:34 am

Hazey:

You don't need EasyWriteReader if you don't have other CD/DVD-ROM drives. Anyway, I would wait for the official version of EWR from Ahead's site (I've not tested the one included on InCD formatted discs so far).

Your situation reminds me of mine from September, where EWR killed MRW for my burner; the bug was fixed in mid-November with an update of both InCD and EWR. Further, at one point I identified at least three different versions of EWR floating around, and only the latest version from Ahead's site seemed to work correctly.
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby KCK on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:51 am

Pilgrim:

My comment referred implicitly to your having "full plate at the moment".

It is clear from this thread's beginning that the new version of InCD must be approached carefully, and that everybody should test its basic features before claiming that it works.

Hence I was a bit perplexed why you should care about a relatively minor GUI glitch without checking basic operations first.

Sorry in advance if I have misunderstood your intentions! :oops:
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:55 am

Pilgrim wrote:
Frankly, if you are too busy to test InCD 4.0.1.0, I'm wondering what you are doing here!
Frankly, I'm not sure how to take your comment. Would you care to explain what you mean by this?

relax, Pilgrim, KCK was just kidding :D
hence the 8)
you're welcome here, of course.
if you have time to test/experiment and share your experiences with us, great! if not, that's fine too.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Pilgrim on Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:09 am

Well, thanks for the assuring words. I have been here off and on before and always received a warm welcome and indispensible help. Just wasn't sure and thought I'd ask rather than assuming anything negative.

Anyhow...... the "fix" still doesn't work on either PC, i.e., the InCD window doesn't open when a blank CD is inserted into the burner. I can manually open the window by clicking on "Format" in the Explorer context menu, so at least I can format my discs. But as I said initially, it is a pain and a long way round for something that is supposed to work.

I'm bouncing around like crazy right now and perhaps I don't have as much patience to deal with more problems for something that was working fine before the upgrade. I'll be back later tomorrow to see if there are any further suggestions. What I'm thinking at the moment is to uninstall this thing and go back to the previous version until the finalized InCD 4.0 is released and maybe this problem will be non-existent. Image

Later...... Image
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Postby KCK on Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:38 am

Pilgrim:

Sorry again for the confusion; I was kidding of course.

My first two messages mentioned "Autorun on", and the second one asked: "So what does Nero InfoTool say about Autorun for your burner?", but you seem to be ignoring this aspect. If you have Autorun off, Autoplay won't play! :cry:
KCK
CD-RW Player

I think OI will stick to Roxio.

Postby pranav81 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:56 am

Dear all,
Hi.It seems that InCD 4 does not support packet writing to CD-R which is supported by Roxio DirectCD.So as I need packet writing to a CD-R I think I will stick to DirectCD for now.And by the way Roxio's software works perfectly on my Windows XP SP1 box with Nero installed.I have never installed InCD(any version) as I like DirectCD from first.
See ya guys later,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby Pilgrim on Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:56 am

KCK,

Sorry, but I wasn't ignoring your question re: "Autorun".... I simply forgot to reply to it. So, to answer the question, the answer is, "Info Tool" shows that Autorun is enabled. I uninstalled InCD 4.0, downloaded a fresh copy and installed it. Checked all the settings once again but still InCD will not open with a blank CD-RW inserted into the drive. I tried several different brands. Some were new out of the box and others were freshly erased.
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Postby KCK on Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:28 am

Pilgrim:

Sorry to hear this InCD autoplay feature isn't working for you even with Autorun on. I doubt whether different media brands should matter. On the other hand, I've just recalled that you had really strange Autoplay problems before:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10132

so you should start by testing whether Autoplay behaves well with other discs, not just blank ones.
KCK
CD-RW Player

InCD autoplay

Postby lucifer on Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:14 am

I have the same problem with a Plextor Premium, Win XP SP1 and latest firmware (funny enough according to Plextor firmware 1.01 fixes compatibility problems with InCD 4)... so really seems to be a problem with InCD 4 since InCD 3.52 works like a charme... one thing I noticed is that in the InCD 4 install directory (\program files\ahead\incd) right after the start of InCD there are two log files errlog and srvlog, each about 150k in size with lots of SCSI error msg and the like... is this the same for you?[/quote]
lucifer
Buffer Underrun

Postby Pilgrim on Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:41 am

KCK wrote:Pilgrim:

Sorry to hear this InCD autoplay feature isn't working for you even with Autorun on. I doubt whether different media brands should matter. On the other hand, I've just recalled that you had really strange Autoplay problems before:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10132

so you should start by testing whether Autoplay behaves well with other disks, not just blank ones.

What you say is true... I did have problems with autoplay before, but if you recall, the problem wasn't the software or the drive, but a case of corrupted files which nulled the autoplay function. Once those corrupted files were removed, autoplay worked fine. I have tried all my recorded disks and autoplay works in every case. It's just the blank ones, when inserted, will not bring up the InCD dialog. Personally, since this is evidently a pre-release version, I see no sense in spending hours trying to resolve this issue. In a few weeks, Nero will most likely release the final version and then I'll simply upgrade and hope the problem has been addressed. If not, then I can see writing to Nero and spending time to resolve the issue.

But, I will do as I said I would and test InCD 4.0 in the areas you mentioned and bring my results for you. Image

Jeff
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

InCD test results

Postby Pilgrim on Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:20 pm

KCK,

I'm not sure if this is what you are wanting to see as far as what tests I ran but here they are nonetheless:

Media: Sony CD-RW650HS 4x-10x, formatted with MRW:

Here's the memory usage for InCD:

I don't know what "time stamping" is.... sorry!

Jeff
Last edited by Pilgrim on Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pilgrim
CD-RW Player

Postby Hazey on Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:03 pm

Can a cdrw be ruined? i.e. can't be reformated, erased by any program, or blanked in any way? Cause I think InCD 4 just killed 2 of my verbatim 12X cdrw's. I keep getting a error during formatting and the the drive locks up. The led light still keeps flashing like it's still formatting. The disks appear unusable after I get the drive to release them. I just want to know before I continue testing. Not really a big deal. What's a few dollars in the name of research.

Hazey
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:28 pm

I don't think a CD-RW can be ruined. However, the burning software can sometimes mess them up so badly that some drives will refuse to erase them, while others will erase correctly. For example, I had some CD-RW discs that had been messed up with burning software errors. A Lite-On LTR-12101B and a Philips PCRW1208 couldn't erase them, but a Lite-On LTR-32123S, a Lite-On LTR-48125W, and a Benq 4824P could erase them.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Hazey on Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:45 pm

Well, I'm still taking a beating :x

InCD4 now does a phantom format :-? . It says my disk is formatted and I can drag and drop files to my ultra speed cdrw disc(came with my benQ burner). I thought i would change media since my verbatim's were getting trashed. The files are being copied as normal. I then eject the disc. Then put them back in. Now the disk has no files in it at all. WTF?!? :evil: . The disk says 656mb's used even though it appears empty. UUGH! this is getting very fustrating.

Thanks LiteOn
I'll just hold on to my verbatim's for a rainy day since both my drives I have choke on the disks. I might have to add my ultra speed disk to the pile aswell :( .

I hate to admitt defeat, but i'm running low on patience as well as media. I guess if it ain't meant to be then it ain't meant to be.

Hazey
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:52 pm

Hazey: Do you have access to a recent Lite-On burner? If you do, try using it to erase your CD-RW discs which have been messed up with InCD. It worked for me...
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Hazey on Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:59 pm

Actually I don't have access to a lite on burner :( . From the sounds of what i've been reading, I should get one though.

I do have some good news. After rebooting, my files now show up on my ultra speed disc :D . Now if only i could figure out why I had to reboot to have my files show up on my disc, I would be very happy.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Hazey
Buffer Underrun

PreviousNext

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)