Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero v5.x to 6.x with HP7500e Help!

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero v5.x to 6.x with HP7500e Help!

Postby AgonY on Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:27 pm

Someone here have one HP 7500e Plus CD-RW unit with Windows XP AND NERO 5.x or 6.x??
My problems is that....
1) I down from HP site one driver (for Windows XP) for my unit HP7500e (external, paralel) CD-RW Plus (plus??) well...
2) Installed drive and Windows XP now can see this Unit (HP CD-RW 7500e)
3) Now The Option from WinXP for burning one CD work fine (bigdeal puag!!)
4) I down and install Nero 6.x to 6.x11 (and old versions 5.x)
5) Nero detect my Unit CD-RW 7500.
6) I try to burning one CD.. i put one CD RW disc .. when nero try to burn nero show one message.. "You CD RW Disc is not empty, you like that nero empty your disc?" .. here i push YES option ... Nero "empty" mi disc and NOW.....
7) Nero show another message.. "Nero need one CD-RW disc... YOU CD disc is CD-RW" (whaaaattttt? nero need one cd rw disc and my cd disc is one cd-rw ?)
8 ) I try now with one CD-R disc... click button for burning
9) Nero show one window... "Nero need one CD-R for burnning .. Your CD is CD-R"

For one description with snapshots of this problem go to
h**p://www.dsal.busocorp.com/nero

This unit work very fine with ALL versions of nero but only with Windows 9x or ME
Now i upgrade my system to Widows XP Pro + (SP1a)

Nero support dont reply nothing about this
HP reply .. Down CDWriteNow (from HP) this is one very small prog (same sh*t) that cd write of Windows XP Pro, this 2 applications CDWriteNow and CD Write from Win XP Pro work fine with my HP 7500e..

:o

What is bad? any solution?? Nero NEVER reply any question :evil:
AgonY
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:26 pm

Is there a firmware update available for your drive? If so, you might want to give it a try.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby AgonY on Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:41 pm

No firmware in HP site for my unit. only driver for windows xp, i down this driver for my hp and now XP detect my unit and can write with the option for write in CD.. but nero dont work
:-?
AgonY
Buffer Underrun

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:48 pm

Did you let it stay on that screen for inserting the disk even though the disk is in there. Sometimes you have to for 30 seconds to a minute.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby AgonY on Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:55 pm

i insert one disc for copy some files.. i click in burning button (1:30 min) and Bingo.. Nero need one CD-R .. you CD is one CD-R
Agggggggg :o
AgonY
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:55 pm

Did you go to HPs web site and find out what brand of CDR and CDRW media they recommend using with this model recorder? Be sure to test with media they recommend, as generic or other brands of CD Media could have problems if not properly supported by the firmware on the recorder.

If you still have trouble:

Please run the Nero InfoTool on your system. And send it to me at techsupport4@nero.com

This will provide us with the exact information about your recorder. With this I can generate a bug report for our Engineers to test and see if we have an issue and hopefully resolve it ASAP, or provide feedback as to our results.

Does anyone else have this model recorder, and are having trouble with Nero recognizing CDR or CDRW media?
Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:55 pm

Did you go to HPs web site and find out what brand of CDR and CDRW media they recommend using with this model recorder? Be sure to test with media they recommend, as generic or other brands of CD Media could have problems if not properly supported by the firmware on the recorder.

If you still have trouble:

Please run the Nero InfoTool on your system. And send it to me at techsupport4@nero.com

This will provide us with the exact information about your recorder. With this I can generate a bug report for our Engineers to test and see if we have an issue and hopefully resolve it ASAP, or provide feedback as to our results.

Does anyone else have this model recorder, and are having trouble with Nero recognizing CDR or CDRW media?
Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby AgonY on Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:27 pm

Ok.. in HP site only have driver for Windows XP for this unit, and one utility called CDWriteNow (this app is the same thing that CD Write Option of Windows XP, the difference is that CDWriteNow have one small graphic interface), this 2 applications CD write of WinXP and CDWriteNow work fine with this unit in XP.
Note here this... Ths unit work very fine with all versions of Nero BUT only in Windows 9x or ME.. now i upgraded my PC to XP Pro (SP1a) and i have this rare problem

Pd: Email + Log of ToolsInfo .. sending Email to Nero Support
(10:43 Pm - August 13-2003)

in homesite of nero in FAQs i see the compatibility list and yes.. this unit HP7500 series appear here.
:o This case wil be for Ripley! :o
AgonY
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)