Corsair, a worldwide designer of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the release of the Force Series LS solid-state drive (SSD) line. Available in 240GB, 120GB, and 60GB capacities, Force Series LS SSDs provide consumers a cost-effective way to upgrade their notebook or desktop PCs to faster, more reliable solid-state storage.
The 7mm-high Force Series LS SSDs can be installed into most desktop or notebook PC with a standard 2.5” or 3.5” drive bay (3.5” bays require optional adapter). The drives feature SATA 3 6GB/s support for optimal performance with the latest systems, and are backward compatible with SATA revision 1.0 and 2.0 for maximum compatibility. A copy of the powerful Corsair SSD Toolbox software utility is included as a free download.
Force Series LS SSDs feature a Phison 6Gb/s SSD controller with Toshiba NAND which delivers high speed file transfer speeds of up to 555MB/s read and 535MB/s write, up to 10 times faster than standard hard drives. The new drives support TRIM, garbage collection, and S.M.A.R.T commands and include built-in an advanced dynamic and static wear-leveling algorithm to extend the lifespan of the drive flash memory.
Corsair offers a comprehensive line of SSDs, with a wide selection of controllers, uniquely positioning Corsair to offer the latest, fastest technology. Corsair backs up this performance with warranties that, on average, are the longest of any major SSD manufacturer.
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The Force Series LS SSDs are available in 60GB, 120GB, and 240GB capacities at MSRPs of $69.99, $109.99, and $199.99 USD. The SSDs are available immediately from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized retailers and are backed with a three year warranty and Corsair’s renowned customer service and technical support.
- Sequential read speeds of up to 560 MB/s
- Sequential write speeds of up to 535 MB/s
- SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3) connectivity
- High performance Phison controller
- Native TRIM support (O/S support required)
- RAID Support BGC (Background Garbage Collection)
- Increased reliability and quieter operation over standard hard disk drives
- Significantly lower power usage than traditional hard drives for increased notebook battery life
- 2.5" form factor for your portable computer needs
- 3 year warranty
- Kingston Introduces SSDNow E50 Enterprise Class SSD
- PNY Introduces StorEDGE Flash Memory Expansion Module For MacBook Computers
- Mach Xtreme Unveils Driver-less EXPRESS PCIe SSD Card
- SanDisk Completes Acquisition of SMART Storage Systems
- IronKey Workspace USB Drives Now Certified For Windows To Go
- ADATA Launches Premier Pro SP310 mSATA Solid State Drive
- Samsung Introduces World’s First 3D V-NAND Based SSD
- Mushkin To Unveil Scorpion Deluxe PCIe SSD And Ventura Ultra 3.0 At 2013 Flash Summit
- SanDisk Strengthens SSD Portfolio For Business Customers With Powerful X210 SSD
- Etron EV266W Flash Driver Controller Receives Windows To Go Certification