LG Electronics officially unveiled its new 12x Blu-ray Disc writers this week at CeBIT 2010. According to a report by bluray-disc.de, the company had the internal BH12LS and external BE12LU on display. Along with support for LightScribe, the two drives are capable of 12x BD-R, 12x BD-R DL, 6x BD-R LTH, 2x BD-RE and 2x BD-RE DL writing speeds and a maximum BD-ROM read speed of 10x.
At this point, it is not exactly clear what connection options the BE12LU has. However, with specs like this, it probably has either USB 3.0 or eSATA.
- Sony Optiarc Unveils DRX-S77U Slim External 8x DVD Writer
- Nu Announces Portable 6x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Blu-ray Disc Association Announces 128GB BDXL Specification
- Imation Partners With ENCRYPTX To Develop Secure Optical Media
- I-O Data Announces BRD-SH12B 12x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Verbatim Introduces Blu-ray BD-R LTH Type Printable Media To The European Market
- Nero Announces SecurDisc 2.0 Optical Storage Media Security Technology
- Buffalo Announces New 12x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- I-O Data Announces Portable 6x Blu-ray Combo Drive
- ASUS Unveils New External Slim-Type Optical Disc Drives