Model: OCZ Agility 3 120GB Solid State Drive
Manufacturer: OCZ Technology
Provided By: OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology is no stranger to the computer industry. Founded by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts, the company entered the memory market in 2002. Determined to manufacture the very best memory for overclockers, OCZ quickly established itself as a leader in the industry by breaking speed barriers and maintaining a reputation of quality. Today, OCZ continues to innovate. Along with their line of enthusiast-oriented power supplies, the company offers a wide range of high-performance SSD solutions for the enterprise and consumer markets.
One of the latest additions to OCZ's already impressive line of solid state drives is the Agility 3. Available in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB capacities, this cost-effective alternative to the popular Vertex 3 is based on the same SandForce SF-2281 controller and shares many of the same features including a SATA 6Gb/s interface and TRIM support. The biggest difference is that the Agility 3 uses asynchronous NAND, which is more affordable than the synchronous NAND found on the Vertex 3. This does result in some slightly lower performance numbers. However, the Agility 3 still delivers up to 525MB/s reads, 500MB/s writes, and up to 60,000 4KB random write IOPS.
For this review, OCZ sent us the 120GB version of the Agility 3. This SSD is capable of delivering up to 525 MB/s sequential read and 500 MB/s sequential write speeds as well as up to 20,000 random read and 50,000 random write IOPS.
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB Solid State Drive|
Dimensions and Weight
Needless to say, this is only a taste of what the Agility 3 has to offer. To give you an idea of what to expect, we'll take a closer look at OCZ's new SSD and then see how well it performs. Does the Agility 3 have what it takes? Can it deliver the performance we've come to expect from OCZ? Keep reading as we find out.
- Silicon Power 750GB Diamond D05 USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
- Plextor PX-256M2P 256GB Solid State Drive
- Kingston HyperX 120GB Solid State Drive
- Verbatim 500GB Store 'n' Go SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
- OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Solid State Drive
- Transcend 1TB StoreJet 25H3P USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
- Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 2TB Hard Drive
- Plextor PX-128M2S 128GB Solid State Drive
- Imation 1TB Apollo Expert D300 External Hard Drive
- Seagate 2TB FreeAgent GoFlex Desk External Hard Drive