Model: Plextor PX-B940SA 12x Blu-ray Disc Writer
Provided By: Plextor LLC
When it comes to optical storage, there are few names as well known as Plextor. For more than a decade, they've produced some of the best drives the industry has seen. Known the world over for their quality, performance and features, these drives have become favorites among consumers and professionals alike. To keep ahead of the competition, Plextor has continued to lead the way, bringing cutting edge technologies to market. Today, their product lineup includes a number of high performance DVD and Blu-ray Disc writers, many with features found nowhere else.
With the format war coming to an end, Plextor has set its sights on the Blu-ray Disc market. Over the last few years, the company has introduced a number of drives, including one of the industry's first 12x Blu-ray Disc writers, the PX-B940SA. Based loosely on the Pioneer BDR-205, the PX-B940SA is capable of 12x BD-R, 12x BD-R DL and 2x BD-RE writing speeds and a maximum BD-ROM read speed of 8x. Plextor's new drive is also backwards compatible with all major CD and DVD formats and includes features like a 4MB buffer and a software bundle from CyberLink.
Needless to say, this is only a taste of what Plextor's new Blu-ray Disc writer has to offer. To give you an idea of what to expect, we'll take an in-depth look at the PX-B940SA's features and then see how it compares to some of the Blu-ray Disc writers from the competition. Does the PX-B940SA have what it takes? Is it the fastest Blu-ray Disc writer around? Keep reading to find out.
- ASUS SBW-06C1S-U Portable 6x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Sony BDX-S500U Portable 6x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Lite-On iHBS112 12x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- LG UH10LS20 Super Multi Blue 10x Blu-ray Combo Drive
- LG WH10LS30 Super Multi Blue 10x Blu-ray Disc ReWriter
- ASUS SBC-04D1S-U USB 2.0 Blu-ray Combo Drive
- Lite-On iHOS104 4x BD-ROM
- Pioneer BDR-2203 8x Blu-ray Disc Writer
- Lite-On iHES208 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive
- LG BH08LS20 Super Multi Blue Blu-ray Disc ReWriter