Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Fed Ex Sucks

What was that?

Fed Ex Sucks

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:13 pm

This is it. My package from newegg has been sitting at my local Express Hub, and they won't deliver it because it's not scheduled until tomorrow. OK, no big deal, it's only 5 minutes away, I'll go and pick it up, right? Wrong. I can't even pick up the package because it isn't scheduled until tomorrow. This is terrible that they won't allow a customer to take advantage of the fact that his package has arrived earlier than scheduled, and deliver it. With my expiriences, Fed Ex has no problem delivering something late, but delivering it early, Nope, they can't do that.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby BurninMan921 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:46 pm

Sorry to hear that :(

I was just about to post a message praising Fed Ex. I ordered a burner from Newegg, it was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, and I just got it today-one day early.

Now why the #^%@ won't they let you pick up your package!?! It's YOUR package, not theirs!

I wonder if that's a company-wide policy or just something in your area...
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Postby burninfool on Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:08 pm

I have had good experiences with FedEx(most packages are early),it's UPS that I've had problems with.If I order with UPS and I selected ground it will sit in my local hub until the 7th day,I know because I've tracked them online.
I imagine it's the same with FedEx because they give priority to "Next Day" or "2nd Day",not "Super Saver".

I don't sweat it anymore,I'm just happy if the package is intact and the item works. :wink:
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:19 pm

From my experience you can pick up the package at FED EX if you call ahead and let them know.Of course you'll have to show proof of ID.My Abit board was sitting in their hub for 3 days and I called and they told me I could pick it up.I didn't pick it up 'cause it was 30 minutes away.You can also leave a note on the door letting them know to leave the package(this is so you don't have to sign for it if your out).As long as your signature is on the note they should leave it.I've only had major probs with UPS.

E
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:32 pm

I've been happier with FedEx than UPS. Every time I order something from NewEgg, it comes one day early. Occasionally, it sits here in my city for a few days before it arrives, but it's still always 1 day early. =)
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby TheWizard on Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:58 pm

If it's not scheduled until tomorrow, what's the big deal? This happened to me too, but I didn't let it bend me out of shape. Why? Because I didn't get my hopes up. I fully expected the package to arrive on its scheduled delivery date, and it did. Yes, it was sitting in my regional sort facility the day before the scheduled delivery date, and it would have been nice to receive it a day earlier, but it's not really a big deal. If they delivered it a day after the scheduled delivery date, then I would have a reason to complain, but they delivered it on time.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:01 am

I am accustomed to that when a package is in it's final destination facility, it will get delivered. This has happened to me with UPS many times where UPS Ground and UPS 3 Day Select packages will come a day early. The thing that really shocked me was that they would not allow me to pick it up. I have also had Fed Ex Ground packages come a day late, for no apparent reason, other than they were just too lazy to make it come on the scheduled date. (This was Fed Ex Home Delivery Ground)
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:47 am

I guess it depends on your area, for me, both have been great. Most other people ive heard are either for one or the other.
zzzt *pop*
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:55 am

I got so sick of FedEx and UPS that I moved in next to Fry's.
:P

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:08 pm

My latest order from newegg came in when it got to my local hub, but the box for the product was damaged...Product wasn't damaged though.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Re: Fed Ex Sucks

Postby MonteLDS on Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:34 pm

aviationwiz wrote: With my expiriences, Fed Ex has no problem delivering something late, but delivering it early, Nope, they can't do that.

MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby sapiens74 on Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:41 pm

Fed-Ex and UPS both are great here in hawaii

Airborne Express sucks

Worst Customer Service
sapiens74
CD-RW Thug

Postby socheat on Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:23 pm

I've been pretty happy with both FedEx and UPS. Where I'm at, they've always let me pick it up early if I had ID to show them. Airborne Express used to be near me too, and I didn't have too many problems with them either. I guess I've just had good luck.
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:00 pm

I like FedEx. I personally haven't had a problem with them nor Airborne. UPS on the other hand has been mixed. There have been several times where I didn't receive a shipment on time only for me to track it online with the site saying that the item has been delivered. WTF? It's been like that at least 8 times. When I lived in Vegas, I ordered a ton of new climbing gear. When it didn't get to me, I called UPS the next day...told me that there was a mistake with the shipping and that it was in another city...I had to pick it up myself for some reason.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Fed X

Postby BoogieBlues on Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:03 pm

Here's my two cents on FedX....I Have had many Guitars sent to me by FedX the first one was a left handed fender for my son...It was sent FedX ground...BIG MISTAKE....Fed X ground are the old RPS drivers(Roadway Package Service) they are owner operators meaning they own their trucks pay for fuel ect....well they have like 7 days to get your package to you...so they put it on their truck and it rides around with them for up to 7 days or more...If you happen to live off the beaten path like I do...they will wait untill the last min. hopeing they will get something else out your way before they deliver yours...well my sons guitar got to me 3 days late...it was run over by a fork lift....neck snapped...body crushed...six weeks to file claim and get money for it...NEVER USE THEIR GROUND SERVICE!!!!!......The rest have come By FEDX next day air....usualy in small vans without any problems...On some they were realy rare guitars so I called after they were shipped and they let me have them held at the terminal and I picked them up there...one less truck for them to go on...
just dont go Ground....For smaller stuff like DVD burners if I can get It sent Priority mail I will use that....Its Cheap and fast ass hell...usualy 2 days....Big John
BoogieBlues
Buffer Underrun

Re: Fed Ex Sucks

Postby wicked1 on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:27 pm

aviationwiz wrote:This is it. My package from newegg has been sitting at my local Express Hub, and they won't deliver it because it's not scheduled until tomorrow. OK, no big deal, it's only 5 minutes away, I'll go and pick it up, right? Wrong. I can't even pick up the package because it isn't scheduled until tomorrow. This is terrible that they won't allow a customer to take advantage of the fact that his package has arrived earlier than scheduled, and deliver it. With my expiriences, Fed Ex has no problem delivering something late, but delivering it early, Nope, they can't do that.

I have never had that problem. FedEx has let me several times in the past drive down and pick it up assuming its still not in a truck.UPS does the same old stuff.I prefer Fedex here in Indiana anyway. UPS delivers to my neighbors most of the time yet I order something almost everyday.
Pioneer dvr-108,NEC 3540,BenQ 1640,LiteOn 1693S
Intel pentium D 930 oc to 4.2 ghz
2 gb ddr2 1066 mhz ram
geforce 7600GT
sb audigy 2 zs platnum
hardware mpeg2 encoder card

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good
wicked1
CD-RW Player

Postby VEFF on Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:34 am

Another vote for FedEx!
They are cheaper than UPS (Ground) and I can drive a few minutes to the local FedEx place and pick up my package till 8 PM, if I wasn't home when they came by.
The best part, is that it automatically gets unloaded, so I don't even have to make special arrangements if I want to stop by to pick my package up.

UPS is miles away (about a 25 minute drive) and they aren't open nearly as late in the evening, and you have to make special arrangements for pickup.

Luckily I haven't had any real problems with either one (no lost or damaged claims yet; knock on wood).
The boxes from UPS (large, heavy items) sometimes look a little beaten up, but nothing serious as far as I can remember.
I haven't received anything large from FedEx in a while, so I can't compare the two when it comes to that.
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:39 pm

Here's another black mark for UPS:

I had ordered items from my medical supplies distributor and had it rushed 2 days. UPS shows up 4 days later with a box that's literally smashed down to half it's normal size...guy walks in and asks our receptionist to sign like there's nothing wrong. :o Our receptionist tells him that she thinks the box is a little damaged (we love her...she's such a wise ass)...driver says it doesn't look too bad. :o He tells her that it might have fallen or something...receptionist stares at the footprint on the box. :o

We love FedEx! *thumbs up*
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:16 am

Latest FedEx screw up. I ordered RAM from newegg and it shipped from thier place in Edison, NJ. I check the FedEx tracking, check out where it is!

Feb 6, 2004 9:40 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

What's it doing there!!!
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby StinkyPete on Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:53 am

FedEx never delivers in NY early. When I order from newegg if it is shipped from Calf. it arrives a day late, always! If it is shipped from NJ it leaves NJ about 9:30 pm, then 24 hrs later it leaves NJ again just about the same time. The last order I had shipped 2nd day delivery, it came in 2 packages. The smaller package shipped from Calf. arrived on time, the other package shipped from Tenn. arrived a day late!

FedEx's motto is " Never deliver a package before it's time"
StinkyPete
Buffer Underrun

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:15 pm

Per thier tracking info now:

Feb 6, 2004 11:53 pm

Package status

MINNEAPOLIS MN

Package in FedEx location

Right where it should be, but what was it doing in Alaska in the first place.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby F1Pilot on Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:47 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Latest FedEx screw up. I ordered RAM from newegg and it shipped from thier place in Edison, NJ. I check the FedEx tracking, check out where it is!

Arrived at Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

What's it doing there!!!
Damn! You gotta be kidding me! That sucks! Did it get to you on time, though?
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:18 pm

F1Pilot wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:Latest FedEx screw up. I ordered RAM from newegg and it shipped from thier place in Edison, NJ. I check the FedEx tracking, check out where it is!

Arrived at Sort Facility

ANCHORAGE AK

What's it doing there!!!
Damn! You gotta be kidding me! That sucks! Did it get to you on time, though?

Check my reply, it's in Minneapolis now, so that means it SHOULD be delivered Monday, knowing FedEx though, it won't be delivered until the scheduled day, Tuesday.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby F1Pilot on Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:42 pm

Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize that you had already posted the ETA that UPS/Newegg gave you. I thought what you had posted was just the last time that UPS had posted a scan on their site.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:45 pm

F1Pilot wrote:Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize that you had already posted the ETA that UPS/Newegg gave you. I thought what you had posted was just the last time that UPS had posted a scan on their site.

Your getting confused, aren't you... :lol: It's FedEx, not UPS, :lol:
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Next

Return to Rants n' Raves