Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Fed Ex Sucks

What was that?

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:27 am

Hey, Wiz,

I ordered some cowboy boots made about July 1st. They said it would take about 12 weeks.
Been over 15 now.

Where do you think that UPS has them?

Did they send them to Hox? Monte? Jenn? Dode? Spaz, you gottem?

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:53 pm

Twelve Weeks!?

Did they make the boots by hand, and then ship them Pony Express?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:56 pm

CowboySlim wrote:Did they send them to Hox? Monte? Jenn? Dode? Spaz, you gottem?

I got em on right now. They fit really good. \:D/
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:26 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Twelve Weeks!?

Did they make the boots by hand, and then ship them Pony Express?

Yes, custom made. 10 1/2 B and they fit Ian fine.

I don't know about the Pony Express, ask Ian.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby bac on Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:50 pm

Has anyone noticed Fedex's "new" policy concerning signatures?
Here, http://www.fedex.com/us/update1.html, it shows that fedex "may deliver FedEx Express and FedEx Ground residential and FedEx Home Delivery shipments without a signature". My local delivery folks have taken this to mean that it's OK to dump off packages curbside instead of bringing them to my door, even though I've signed no release. WTF? The packages will get rained on at curbside.
bac
CD-RW Thug

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:47 pm

Damn. That's pretty messed up. I had UPS do that to me one time. No knock on the door...nothing. They just left the box of equipment on the doorstep. I figured the rain help them up...checked the tracking site. Lo and behold...it said "delivered". Nice soggy box. :-?
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:15 pm

FedEx is the best EVER!

Yesterday morning I ordered something from MWAVE.com.
I chose the FedEx Two Day option as it was only $1.05 more than the standard, or cheapest.

The package was at my front door when I arrived hime at 4:30 this afternoon.

WAY TO GO FEDEX!!!!!!!!

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:19 pm

Did it ship from nearby? If so, that would explain.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:37 pm

Hey, Wiz,

I purposefully left out that part to make the story good.

They are about 40 miles away, up near where BuddhaTB (whatever happened to him?) lives.

Happy New Year, Wiz! :P
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Morpheus on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:33 pm

I just screwed by FedEx today. I had an order due troday. I was checking the tracking - 12:06PM arrived in my home city facility, and 12:47PM on truck for delivery. This was great since I was planning on leaving at 1:30PM. I had left the front door and rear door opened, so that the delivery driver would know that someone was home. I was home with someone who had stayed upstairs and I was going upstairs and downstairs every few minutes. I went downstairs for 4 minutes when I came up, I immediately saw the delivery notice stuck on the front screen door. I picked it up and it read the time as 1:30PM and looked at my watch - it was 1:30!! They wrote that they "rang the doorbell 2 times and knocked on the door 2 times:. Bull @$@%%^ !! If they rang the doorbell, I would have heard it. I asked the other person, if they heard the doorbell or the knocking and they said no. I pressed the doorbell, and heard a loud DING. There was no way they rang the bell.

I immediately called the 1-800 number and complained loudly - I was very pissed. I wanted them to contact the delivery truck and have them turn around and come back (it was 5 minutes later). I was told they can't contact the driver - don't their trucks have CB radios? Their whole system sucks. The person told me they can put in a request for the driver to try again today, but it would be at the end of the day - around 5:00PM and someone would have to be home at the time. I told them NO ONE was going to be home until about 6:00PM. They said normally, the second attempt would be tomorrow (the next day) at the end of the day. I told them there would be someone at home from 8:00AM to about 1:30PM-2:00PM. It would be fine if they delivered in the morning but we leave at about 2:00PM. -- No, someone HAS to be there for the WHOLE day.

FedEx screwed up and they want me to lose a day from work because of THEIR mistake. The FedEx person then said they can deliver the order to another address - fine, I told them that they can deliver my package to my parents business as someone would be there up to 6:00PM. Well in order to do that, they would have to contact the Shipper and get their permission to change the delivery address. Unbelievable!! They still won't fix THEIR mistake. Finally, I told the FedEx person - tell the driver to deliver the package today by 5:00PM and I'll leave instructions where to leave the package. I removed the signiture tag from the delivery notice and signed it and stuck it on the instructions and taped that to the front screen door.

I got home today at around 6:10Pm - no package. I checked the website and they said - 6:17 PM - At local FedEx facility - so NO delivery attempt was made today. I'm so pissed that I'm think of sending FedEx a very nasty letter. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Send them the post immediately above this.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby ruderacer on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:45 pm

I had a bit of a bad experience with FedEx just last month. I sent a package to my parents house and it was not delivered on-time. That is to say, my mom was home waiting for the package, but the driver did not bother to ring the door bell. He just left the notice. I called the 800 number and expressed myself in a polite and professional manner... The next morning the package was delivered.

On a side note: When ever I have to send anything over-night (usually small packages), I use the post office. If the package is not delivered on-time, they refund the full amount of the shipping.
"It's the voyage that counts, not the totality of life".

Every Saint has a Past! Every Sinner has a Future!
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Postby Morpheus on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:44 pm

Well after 11:00PM, I called FedEx and told them what happened. They made a note for the delivery to made the next day from 8:00AM to 1:30PM - although there was no guaranty for that time frame. About 9:35AM, the package was delivered. I didn't send that nasty letter. Still not sure to complain or let it slide.

I found that the delivery drivers just knock on the door and when no one answers, they leave. Who can hear a knock on the door? Especially when the doorbell is right there, they don't brother pressing it. I just don't get it. That's why after a few screwups like this, I would take an index card (3.5"x5") and I would write a note stating "For deliveries, please ring the doorbell" and stick it on the inside of the screendoor at eye level. The delivery drivers would then ring the doorbell - except this time the guy didn't. It's very aggravating.
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Previous

Return to Rants n' Raves