Home News Reviews Forums Shop

myringotomy

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Postby jtan on Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:40 am

F1Pilot wrote:Is your avatar a hamster or a gerbil?

it's a guinea pig, dodecahedron is right.
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:39 am

Thanks for the 411, dode! I guess I missed a thread about Blue? Blue looks pretty cool! :D

In your case, jtan, an outpatient visit would just mean that although you might be going into the surgery room, you won't have an overnight stay. I'm sure it'll be a simple procedure. At the same time, you're not even at the halfway point of what our doc said. You never know...by the time that 2 or 3 month timeframe comes around, it might fall out by itself.

Speaking of the tubes, I actually do remember geting the procedure done when I was a kid. I had plastic ones, I believe. They fell out on their own, but I don't remember how long it took.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:57 am

any complications so far on people you know who had tubes?
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:26 pm

We had one person that had scarring on the eardrum or something. I have no idea what happened since they never returned...I assume due to that.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:13 am

what's the cause of scarring of eardrum? looks scary... i hope i won't have that!
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:43 am

hi! i felt weird right now, that my right ear is blocked. hearing improved though, probably because the tube is blocked. i don't know whether this means the tube is going to fall or any complications? i'm visiting the doctor today.
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:15 am

If I recall correctly, the scaring was caused by repeat insertion of the tube...maybe from chronic ear problems...not sure, though.

I hope your visit to the doc goes well! :wink:
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:19 pm

just went to the doctor, he said everything is fine. i think my tube in the right ear is gonna fall because i can now feel the blockage of my right ear and the sound is now back, no more distortion. and also i heard some loud pop probably the tympanic membrane pushing the tube... no such thing on left ear though.
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:30 pm

i'm wondering if this is just normal, that when the ear drum heal up while there is tube, there will be sound of echo when you speak...
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 pm

I want to see one of my chinchillas fight a guinea pig. I think a chinchilla would own. Those lil bastards are fast.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby F1Pilot on Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:53 pm

JamieW wrote:I want to see one of my chinchillas fight a guinea pig. I think a chinchilla would own. Those lil bastards are fast.
LOL! Place your bets now! But yeah, you're right. I have a friend that had a chinchilla. speedy lil things.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:32 pm

JamieW wrote:I want to see one of my chinchillas fight a guinea pig. I think a chinchilla would own. Those lil bastards are fast.

after seeing what happened when i put my sister's female guinea pig in the same cage as my couple (male+female), i'm not sure you're right - those docile and friendly little critters turn into savage beasts. and you'd be surprised how fast a guinea pig can be.

i got my finger very well bitten trying to separate those guys.

anyway, i would like to see a Pitt Bull fight JamieW. i think the Pitt Bull would own.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby JamieW on Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:29 pm

Hmm...Pit Bull vs Jamie toting his EDC of a Dan Wesson Pointman Custom w/ lowered and flared ejection port and external extractor, beveled mag well, high relief undercut trigger guard, Ed Brown beaver tail, cocobolo double diamond pattern grips, Ed Brown snakeskin mainspring housing, Novak low mount sights, Wilson GI guide rod, Chip McCormick match skeletonized trigger and hammer, 4.5 lb trigger pull with very little creep loaded with eight .45 ACP federal hydroshocks 230 grain JHP with one in the pipe carried in a Milt Sparks Versamax Cordovon Brown holster and spare eight and carried in a Desantis mag holder. Hmmm....JAMIE WINS!
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby jtan on Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:50 am

g.pigs jump real high especially when they 'popcorn'
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:28 am

JamieW wrote:Hmm...Pit Bull vs Jamie toting his EDC of a Dan Wesson Pointman Custom w/ lowered and flared ejection port and external extractor, beveled mag well, high relief undercut trigger guard, Ed Brown beaver tail, cocobolo double diamond pattern grips, Ed Brown snakeskin mainspring housing, Novak low mount sights, Wilson GI guide rod, Chip McCormick match skeletonized trigger and hammer, 4.5 lb trigger pull with very little creep loaded with eight .45 ACP federal hydroshocks 230 grain JHP with one in the pipe carried in a Milt Sparks Versamax Cordovon Brown holster and spare eight and carried in a Desantis mag holder. Hmmm....JAMIE WINS!
Damn. You got a pic of it (not of the pit bull)? Sounds killer? How much didja sink into it? :o
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:35 am

jtan wrote:g.pigs jump real high especially when they 'popcorn'

what do you mean?
i've never seen mine jump high at all!
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:37 am

JamieW wrote:Hmm...Pit Bull vs Jamie toting his EDC of a Dan Wesson Pointman Custom w/ lowered and flared ejection port and external extractor, beveled mag well, high relief undercut trigger guard, Ed Brown beaver tail, cocobolo double diamond pattern grips, Ed Brown snakeskin mainspring housing, Novak low mount sights, Wilson GI guide rod, Chip McCormick match skeletonized trigger and hammer, 4.5 lb trigger pull with very little creep loaded with eight .45 ACP federal hydroshocks 230 grain JHP with one in the pipe carried in a Milt Sparks Versamax Cordovon Brown holster and spare eight and carried in a Desantis mag holder. Hmmm....JAMIE WINS!

i was pissed off at you for suggesting that animal fight.
even as humor i do not appreciate such things. :wink:

if you want to go against the pitt bull carrying all that stuff with you, let's level the playing field a bit. sure, you can take all that stuff but let's make it against 20 pit bulls. PIT BULLS WIN.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby JamieW on Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:46 pm

Let's see, the whole shebang costs about $1500. I'll take a pic tonight. And Dodeca, in case you haven't noticed, I don't consider very much out of bounds. If it helps you at all, all of my animals were rescues and I would use the G19. That's got 15+1 and a 17 round reload but it isn't tricked out at all. But Dodeca, don't be one of those people who actively takes offense at what I say. I like you, and if you start paying too much attention to my wayward post, you will probably end up getting more and more angry. Save that for monte and aviation.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:40 pm

LOL
i guess i'm a bit touchy on the guinea pig angle :o that's all.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:48 pm

JamieW
Man-at-Arms

???
when did this happen ?
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Ian on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:50 pm

I like men.

What did that happen?
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby JamieW on Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:27 pm

Ian:
I love Boy George

I know when that happened.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby Ian on Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:35 pm

Stop putting words into my mouth. Those records were my sisters not mine... or something..

Karma Karma Kameleon... We come and goooooooooooooooo....
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:30 pm

JamieW wrote:
Ian:
I love Boy George

I know when that happened.
HAHAHAHA!! JamieW, you are too much! :D

$1500 for your setup? Cool!
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:52 am

F1pilot, i read some sites saying that myringotomy tube cause total deafness in later years, are they saying it true or just hoax? somewhat scary...
jtan
CD-RW Player

PreviousNext

Return to The Beer Garden