CyberLink Corp., an innovative provider of media creation solutions, today launched the PowerDirector 11 Series – a new generation of the company’s award-winning video editing software. For the first time, the PowerDirector family extends into the professional market with versions offering a complete post-production solution, while retaining versions targeted squarely at its consumer base. Each addresses a major global trend: the ability for users of all skillsets to create high-quality video content, regardless of skill or experience.
“PowerDirector 11 is about bringing the very best in performance, creativity and quality to video editing; it’s about going beyond what other solutions offer.” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “We are living in a world where the line between video consumer and video producer has forever been blurred and we are pleased to create tools that empower anyone—from the novice shooting family movies on a smartphone up to a professional making a music video or a short film with high-end digital equipment—to truly create.”
In the consumer space, PowerDirector is the world’s first and only video editor to offer native 64-bit and multi-GPGPU support for unprecedented rendering speeds, while for professional editors, who demand cutting-edge quality, there is now support for 4K Ultra HD resolution along with professional color grading and sound design solutions. PowerDirector is also the world’s first video editor to achieve AVCHD 2.0 certification for both AVCHD 3D and Progressive formats, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of AVCHD cameras.
PowerDirector 11 introduces a revolutionary content-aware editing tool intelligently analyzes video footage to locate the best shots and automatically improves sections containing imperfections, to make the editing process easier and more efficient.
Watch the new PowerDirector TV ad: www.cyberlink.com/event/commercial/powerdirector11
Introducing PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Suite
The high-end version in the series, PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Suite, introduces two brand new software titles. ColorDirector is a digital color grading solution for adjusting and controlling video color tones or changing the color of moving objects. AudioDirector is an advanced audio editing tool for removing unwanted background noise, mixing multi-track sound and applying sound effects to video – making audio editing an intuitive visual process. Both professional tools work seamlessly with PowerDirector for efficient round-trip editing and reduced production times.
Key Features in PowerDirector 11 include:
- Revolutionary Content-Aware Editing – Content-aware editing automatically analyzes footage to identify important scenes containing faces, motion or lens zoom and pan. For shaky or poorly lit shots, users can apply one-click TrueTheater® Technology to correct the scene, and then continue editing in the timeline.
- Blazing Speed TrueVelocity® 3 Engine – The award-winning 64-bit TrueVelocity® 3 engine is the first consumer product supporting multi-GPGPU acceleration. Users can leverage the graphical processing power of both on board and external graphic cards for an increase of 38% in rendering speed over the previous version.
- New Design Studio – A set of template and style design tools, including PiP, Particle, Title and Menu Designer, enables the use of a full screen editor and timeline to create unique styles.
- Industry-Leading Technology – PowerDirector is world’s first consumer video editing software to support the latest 4K/2K standard and also the world’s first to achieve AVCHD 2.0 certification for both AVCHD 3D and Progressive formats.
- Professional Workspace – PowerDirector 11 comes with more than 50 user interface enhancements, providing a flexible, easy-to-use and efficient working environment for all types of users.
- Import, Edit and Produce in 3D – Create top quality 3D movies at home. Import native 3D videos and photos as well as convert 2D content into 3D. Enjoy expansive editing support for 3D titles, 3D particles, 3D effects, 3D menus as well as broad 3D output and burning options.
- Professional Creative Packs – Three pro-level video effects collections from NewBlueFX together with three CyberLink design packs containing menu templates, titles and effects offer greater creative scope to editors.
- Color Grading and Sound Design – ColorDirector and AudioDirector offer professional color grading and audio mixing/restoration and work seamlessly with PowerDirector 11 for super-efficient round-trip editing.
For details on features included in each PowerDirector 11 Series version, please visit www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/compare.html.
CyberLink PowerDirector 11 Series is available today and can be purchased from the CyberLink online store. It is available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese and Korean.
PowerDirector 11 Versions and Pricing
- PowerDirector Ultimate Suite: US $249.99
(Including ColorDirector, AudioDirector, NewBlueFX Paint and Motion Effects and three CyberLink Creative Design Packs)
- PowerDirector Ultimate: US $129.99
(Including NewBlueFX Paint and Motion Effects and three CyberLink Creative Design Packs)
- PowerDirector Ultra: US $99.99
- PowerDirector Deluxe: US $69.99
Upgrades from previous PowerDirector versions are available starting at $59.99.