D-Link is announcing three new categories of innovative, industry-leading home networking technologies at this year's CES. The company's DLNA-certified HD Media Routers, SmartBeam products and 500Mbps PowerLine solutions enable consumers to take advantage of now prevalent HD video-on-demand, HD gaming and other bandwidth-demanding applications with a strong Wi-Fi network platform and intelligent antenna technology.
D-Link is launching a new breed of DLNA-certified HD Media Routers incorporating HD Fuel technology, a Quality of Service (QoS) engine, to prioritize High Definition traffic for uninterrupted video streaming with services like YouTube HD, Netflix and VUDU throughout the home. The HD Media Routers come with an SD card slot to easily share media files across the home network or remotely and two HD Media Routers come with a USB 3.0 port for smooth HD content streaming from USB hard drives.
The new HD Media Router family includes:
- HD Media Router 1000 (DIR-657) is configured with single band 300Mbps Wireless-N, SD card slot, four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports, and a USB 2.0 SharePort Plus port.
- HD Media Router 2000 (DIR-827) is configured with simultaneous Dual Band 300Mbps Wireless-N, SD card slot, four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports and USB 3.0 technology for 2 Gbps transfer rates (10 times faster than USB 2.0).
- HD Media Router 3000 (DIR-857) is configured with simultaneous Dual Band 450Mbps Wireless-N, SD card slot, four built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports and USB 3.0 technology.
The HD Media Router 1000 was selected as a CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Award honoree in the Home Networking product category.
D-Link® HD Media Routers guarantee video quality for wireless streaming across set-top boxes (like Tivo, Slingbox, and Boxee Box by D-Link), network storage devices and PC-to-PC traffic. Consumers have had access to rich content for some time, but it's been difficult to provide a consistent streaming experience in the home.
The D-Link HD Media Routers feature a new sharing platform made available through a partnership with miiiCasa™. miiiCasa enables household members to easily and freely organize, play and share their content among any IP-connected device. It's like a secure cloud for the home. The technology is specifically designed for people with little technical background, with everything managed via a simple browser interface.
miiiCasa completely eliminates the need for configuring storage settings, using FTP servers, disk mounting, or tweaking user access controls. It's embedded in new D-Link HD Media routers, and it integrates seamlessly with D-Link storage solutions.
D-Link Patented "SmartBeam" Technology integrated in new Whole Home Routers and Wi-Fi Booster to Eliminate Dead Spots and Boost Performance
D-Link is showcasing a new line-up of "SmartBeam" Wireless-N Routers and a Wi-Fi Booster that significantly extends the wireless range in the home and boosts performance. SmartBeam solutions are ideal for consumers looking to solve "dead-spot" issues, ensure seamless Wi-Fi coverage across their property and crank up the speed of network throughput for large-file multi-media downloads, multi-media streaming, and bandwidth hungry applications for any conceivable device (iPad, iPhone, Android phones, laptops, entertainment devices like the Boxee Box by D-Link, and more).
The equipment is breaking new ground for 2011. D-Link's solutions are the only devices designed with smart antennae technology, offering consumers best-in-class advantages with very little incremental cost above conventional Wireless-N routers.
D-Link Whole Home Routers and Wi-Fi Booster feature:
- D-Link "SmartBeam" multi-element antennae to direct signal transmission directly to the highest bandwidth devices for optimal performance
- Greater signal gain for better coverage
- Reduced interference levels
- Efficient, low-power consumption
SmartBeam solutions being unveiled this week include:
- Wi-Fi Booster with SmartBeam Technology (DAP-1525) can be added to any existing router to instantly boost a Wi-Fi signal. Configured with switchable 2.4GHz/5GHz wireless bands, 6-element directional antennae, 4 Gigabit ports, Bridge and Access Point mode support, and multiple SSID support for different applications.
- Whole Home Router 1000 with SmartBeam Technology (DIR-645) is configured with a single-band Wireless-N 300, 6-element directional antennae, 4 Gigabit ports, USB 2.0 with SharePort™ and WMM for application quality.
- Whole Home Router 2000 with SmartBeam Technology (DIR-845) is configured with all the features of the 1000 series, but employs simultaneous dual band antennae (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) for creating two networks at once.
All models employ QoS to ensure consistent, reliable signal quality for each application or service.
Their stylish designs make them subtle additions to existing home electronics equipment and decor.
Powerful 500Mbps PowerLine and Hybrid Home Network Solutions Deliver the Best of Wired and Wireless Networks
D-Link is delivering fast 500Mbps networking solutions that tap into the existing power outlets and electrical wiring in a home for connecting devices at the entertainment center and bringing network connections to any outlet in the home.
The 500Mbps line of solutions includes:
- PowerLine AV 500 4-port Gigabit Switch (DHP-540) with up to 500Mbps PowerLine performance and 4 Gigabit ports -- ideal for connecting multiple devices in the entertainment center. Simply plug in this small 4-port switch and enable networking over existing electrical wiring in your home.
- PowerLine AV 500 Adapter (DHP-500AV) and PowerLine AV 500 Adapter Kit (DHP-501AV) provides a single adapter and two adapters to configure a PowerLine network across existing electrical wiring in your home.
D-Link's new PowerLine AV Combo Router (DHP-1320), merges PowerLine 200Mbps technology with a Wireless-N router and Ethernet ports offering customers three connectivity options to reach all the devices in the home with the optimal speed and bandwidth without messy cables or dead spots.
When combined with D-Link PowerLine Adapter at the client device station, the solution can push content such as multi-media, VoIP, or any other robust network traffic from the router to the device via the home's existing electrical outlets.
It's a simple way to ensure optimal coverage throughout the home.
All these D-Link solutions are designed to let users work, play, connect, entertain, share and view anything they like, whenever they want to, and wherever they prefer within the home.
Price and Availability
HD Media Routers:
- HD Media Router 1000 (DIR-657) will be available at the end of 1Q/2011 with a street price expected to be under $140.00.
- HD Media Router 2000 (DIR-827) will be available in 2Q/2001 with pricing to be announced.
- HD Media Router 3000 (DIR-857) will be available in early-3Q 2001 with pricing to be announced.
D-Link Whole Home Routers and Wi-Fi Booster:
- Wi-Fi Booster (DAP-1525) will be available in 2Q/2011 with a street price expected to be under $140.00.
- Whole Home Router 1000 (DIR-645) will be available in 2Q/2001 with pricing to be announced.
- Whole Home Router 2000 (DIR-845) will be available in 3Q 2001 with pricing to be announced.
- PowerLine AV 500 4-port Switch (DHP-540) will be available late-1Q/2011 with pricing to be announced.
- PowerLine AV 500 Adapter (DHP-500AV) will be available 1Q/2011 with a street price expected to be $79.99.
- PowerLine AV 500 Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-501AV) will be available in 1Q/2011 with a street price expected to be $139.99.
- PowerLine AV Combo Router (DHP-1320) will be available in February 2011 with a street price of $99.99.