Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced its new DC600M Enterprise SSD. DC600M is optimized for mixed-use workloads with excellent Quality of Service (QoS) to ensure latency and IOPS consistency to hit Service-level agreements.
DC600M is 6Gbps SATA 3.0 storage with 3D TLC NAND, suited for use in high-volume rack-mount servers. The drive includes hardware based on-board power loss protection via power loss capacitors to protect data against unexpected power failure reducing the risk of data loss, and ensures the drive successfully re-initializes on the next system power-up. With predictable low latencies over a wide range of read and write workloads DC600M is designed for system integrators, hyperscale data centers, and cloud service providers.
“Quality of Service in an enterprise SSD is critical as data centers and workloads demand stability and low latency for predictable storage performance levels to meet strict customer SLAs,” said Keith Schimmenti, enterprise SSD business manager, Kingston. “In addition, DC600M is AES 256-bit encrypted making it the optimal data center storage solution when you combine its enterprise-class reliability and strict QoS requirements along with Kingston’s legendary sales support.”
The DC600M data center SSD is available in 480GB, 960GB, 1920GB, 3840GB, and 7680GB capacities. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
DC600M Data Center SSD Features & Specifications:
- Hardware-based PLP: Power loss capacitors to protect user data against unexpected power loss and enhance performance.
- Delivers excellent Quality of Service (QoS): Optimized performance predictability to hit Service-level agreements (SLAs).
- AES 256-bit encryption: Built in protection to safeguard important data.
- Capacities up to 7680GB: Upgrade and manage storage with capacities up to 7680GB.
- Form factor: 2.5 Inch
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 480GB, 960GB, 1920GB, 3840GB, 7680GB
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
480GB – 560MBs/470MBs
960GB – 560MBs/530MBs
1920GB – 560MBs/530MBs
3840GB – 560MBs/530MBs
7680GB – 560MBs/530MBs
- Steady State 4k Random Read/Write:
480GB – 94,000/41,000 IOPS
960GB – 94,000/65,000 IOPS
1920GB – 94,000/78,000 IOPS
3840GB – 94,000/59,000 IOPS
7680GB – 94,000/34,000 IOPS
- Quality of Service (Latency) (99.999) Read/Write:
480GB – 180/110 uSec
960GB – 3840GB – 200/300 uSec
7680GB – 240/170 uSec
- Typical Latency - Read/Write: <200 µs / <30 us
- Hot-Plug Capable
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling
- Enterprise SMART tools: Reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
480GB – 876TBW, 1 DWPD (5 years), 1.66 DWPD (3 years)
960GB – 1752TBW, 1 DWPD (5 years), 1.66 DWPD (3 years)
1920GB – 3504TBW, 1 DWPD (5 years), 1.66 DWPD (3 years)
3840GB – 7008TBW, 1 DWPD (5 years), 1.66 DWPD (3 years)
7680GB – 14016TBW, 1 DWPD (5 years), 1.66 DWPD (3 years)
- Power consumption:
Max Read: 1.6W
Max Write: 3.6W
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100mm x 7mm
- Weight: 92.34g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- UBER: ≤10 -17
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support