KIOXIA America, Inc. today announced the addition of the BG6 Series to its lineup of PCIe 4.0 solid state drives (SSDs) – the first product to feature the company’s new, 6th generation BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory and almost 1.7 times the performance of its predecessor. Designed to unleash the increased speeds and affordability of PCIe 4.0 for PC users, the powerful and compact KIOXIA BG6 Series client SSDs offer a discrete M.2 2230 form factor with higher capacities and improved power efficiency. M.2 2280 single-sided form factor versions are also available.
The KIOXIA BG6 Series unlocks back-end flash performance while maintaining affordability and increasing capacity, making it an especially attractive option for commercial and consumer notebooks and desktops. KIOXIA BG6 drives support the fully matured Host Memory Buffer (HMB) technology, which utilizes part of the host memory (DRAM) as if it were its own, to realize a DRAM-less, high-performance SSD.
“Next generation storage for commercial and personal mobile computing applications needs to keep pace with consumer demand for ultra mobility without compromise,” said Neville Ichhaporia, senior vice president and general manager of the SSD business unit, KIOXIA America, Inc. “Our new KIOXIA BG6 SSDs deliver increased performance and density in a small footprint, making them well-suited to today’s ‘work and play from anywhere’ lifestyle.”
Additional features and benefits include:
- Capacities of 256 gigabytes (GB), 512 GB, 1,024 GB and 2,048 GB
- PCIe standard 64 gigatransfers per second (GT/s) interface (Gen4 x4 lanes)
- Up to 6,000 megabytes per second (MB/s) sequential read and 5,300 MB/s sequential write
- Up to 850,000 IOPS random read and 900,000 IOPS random write
- Forward-looking support for the NVMe® technology 1.4c feature set and basic management command over System Management Bus (SMBus), enabling tighter thermal management
- Support for the latest TCG Pyrite and Opal standards, as well as end-to-end data protection ensures data is secure whether at home or in the office
- Power Loss Notification signal support to protect data against forced shut downs
- Sideband signal (PERST#, CLKREQ# and PLN#) support for both 1.8V and 3.3V
- Supports platform FW recovery feature
The KIOXIA BG6 Series will be on display during Dell Technologies World at booth #815. The KIOXIA BG6 Series will start sampling in the second half of 2023 for OEM customer evaluation. For more information, please visit www.kioxia.com.