Today, LaCie, the premium brand from Seagate Technology, unveiled the high-performance LaCie Portable SSD storage solution. The compact external solid state drive offers fast and reliable performance featuring USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gb/s) technology with USB-C connector for universal compatibility.
With maximum sequential read/write speeds of 540/500MB/s, the LaCie Portable SSD is ideal for on-the-go creative professionals looking for uncompromised performance. Available in 2TB, 1TB, or 500GB capacities, this light-weight solution can transfer one hour of 4K 30fps video footage in less than one minute and store up to 65 hours of 4K 30fps video or 20,000 RAW photos (2TB capacity). It is also a great alternative to serve as a scratch disc -- allowing users to edit content directly off the LaCie Portable SSD, freeing up valuable workstation resources or serving as the perfect shuttle drive to quickly transfer files from capture devices on-set back to the studio.
Other key features include:
- Pre-formatted exFAT for Apple® macOS® and Microsoft® Windows® compatibility
- LaCie Toolkit Software Suite
- Designed for on-the-go workflow with drop resistance of up to two meters
- A three-year limited warranty
- Three-year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Plan
- One complimentary month of the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan
- USB-C and USB-C to USB 3.0 cables included
The new LaCie Portable SSD will be available in 2TB ($539.99 USD), 1TB ($269.99 USD), and 500GB ($124.99 USD) capacities through LaCie resellers this month. For more information, visit www.lacie.com.