QNAP Systems, Inc. (QNAP), a leading storage, network and computing solution provider, unveiled the high-performance TS-x77XU rackmount NAS series. This series features the 8-bay TS-877XU-RP, 12-bay TS-1277XU-RP, and 16-bay TS-1677XU-RP. Utilizing the blazing-fast AMD Ryzen™ processor family with high core/thread counts, the TS-x77XU series has been significantly boosted to meet the most-demanding virtualization needs of enterprises.
The TS-x77XU series is available with Ryzen 3 1200, Ryzen 5 2600, and Ryzen 7 2700 processors, all of which demonstrate astonishing processing power for versatile applications and scenarios (including desktop and server virtualization, on-the-fly video transcoding/streaming, and private cloud infrastructure). Four PCI Express (PCIe) slots are available in all models, allowing users to expand NAS functionality with network adapters (40GbE, 10GBASE-T/NBASE-T™), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) cards, M.2 SSD cards, and graphics cards. The TS-1677XU comes with a 500 W power supply unit (PSU) to support a graphics card that requires additional power. Models with redundant power supplies are also available.
"In response to strong market demands, QNAP has added AMD Ryzen-based NAS to our rackmount lineup," noted David Tsao, Director of Product Management of QNAP. "With powerful processing capabilities, versatile expandability and high potential storage capacity, the TS-x77XU series enables enterprises to take their businesses to the next level," he added.
The multi-threading advantages of the TS-x77XU series are especially suited for virtualization. The series is virtualization-ready for VMware®, Citrix® and Windows Server® 2016 environments with the support of iSER (iSCSI Extension for RDMA) thanks to built-in Mellanox® ConnectX®-4 SmartNICs. The TS-x77XU series can also host virtual machines and containers, acting as an efficient all-in-one server, and supports snapshots and virtual machine backups for complete virtualization management. The series also supports* Virtual QTS, allowing users to run multiple virtual QTS operating systems on a single NAS, providing benefits of resource segregation (CPU, memory, networking), flexible application deployment, and providing energy, cost, and space savings.
The TS-x77XU series supports RAID 50/60 to provide greater protection and random write performance, striking a balance between capacity, protection and performance. The latest Qtier™ 2.0 adds IO Aware capabilities for SSD tiered storage to keep a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time, maximizing the cost-to-performance value. The TS-x77XU series also features a redundant power supply to ensure that mission-critical applications can maintain 24/7 business operations. A single power supply model (the TS-877XU ) is also available.
Running the latest version of QTS - the intelligent NAS operating system, the TS-x77XU series is a comprehensive storage solution for data storage, backup/restoration, sharing and management. The built-in QTS App Center includes hundreds of install-on-demand apps to extend NAS functionality while increasing productivity gains. QRM+ is a centralized management solution the features graphic topology diagrams for managing Windows®, Linux®, and IPMI devices; Q’center consolidates the management of multiple QNAP NAS; QVPN integrates settings of VPN server and VPN clients; Browser Station enables secure and convenient access to private networks; QVR Pro provides a professional video surveillance solution; QIoT Suite Lite builds a private IoT cloud platform; and much more.
*Virtual QTS is only supported by Ryzen 5 2600 and Ryzen 7 2700 variants of the TS-x77XU series.
Redundant power supply models
- TS-877XU-RP-1200-4G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-877XU-RP-2600-8G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-core/12-thread, 3.4 GHz, max. 3.9 GHz) processor, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-1277XU-RP-1200-4G: 12-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-1277XU-RP-2600-8G: 12-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-core/12-thread, 3.4 GHz, max. 3.9 GHz) processor, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 300 W redundant power supply, 2U
- TS-1677XU-RP-1200-4G: 16-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 2 x 500 W redundant power supply (power connector for graphics card included), 3U
- TS-1677XU-RP-2600-8G: 16-bay, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6-core/12-thread, 3.4 GHz, max. 3.9 GHz) processor, 8 GB RAM, 2 x 500 W redundant power supply (power connector for graphics card included), 3U
- TS-1677XU-RP-2700-16G: 16-bay, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8-core/16-thread, 3.2 GHz, max. 4.1 GHz) processor, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 500 W redundant power supply (power connector for graphics card included), 3U
Single power supply models
- TS-877XU-1200-4G: 8-bay, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-core/4-thread, 3.1 GHz, max. 3.4 GHz) processor, 4 GB RAM, 350 W power supply, 2U
Rackmount NAS; up to 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB DDR4 UDIMM RAM); hot-swappable 2.5/3.5-inch SATA 6Gbps HDDs or SSDs; 4 x PCle 3.0 slots; 2 x 10GbE SFP+ ports; 2 x Gigabit LAN ports; 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) ports (1 x Type-A, 1 x Type-C), 4 x USB 3.0 ports (Type A)
The new TS-x77XU series is now available. For more information, and to view the full QNAP NAS lineup, please visit www.qnap.com.