Roku, Inc. today announced it is expanding its streaming player lineup with the addition of two new devices – the new Roku Premiere and the new Roku Premiere+. The Roku Premiere ($39.99 MSRP) and Roku Premiere+ ($49.99 MSRP) are simple to use and offer brilliant picture quality in HD, 4K Ultra HD or 4K HDR. The company also announced updates to its ultimate streaming player, the Roku Ultra which now features premium JBL headphones yet remains at the same price of $99.99 MSRP.
“Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+ are the easiest and most affordable way to stream in outstanding picture quality. Tens of millions of 4K TVs will be sold this year; we’re seeing more content, even live sports, produced and streamed in 4K and HDR as each week goes by,” said Lloyd Klarke, director of product management, Roku. “At under $40, the new Roku Premiere is our lowest-priced 4K streaming player ever, and it’s going to give consumers the best picture quality their TV can handle. It is great for HDTV today and even better if they decide to get a 4K TV tomorrow.”
Fast Access to Free or 4K Content
With the Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+, customers can search for favorite shows and discover thousands of free and paid channels to stream almost anything, including hit movies, popular shows, live TV, news, sports and much more.
Access to free content is easy to find with The Roku Channel, which offers access to award-winners, cult classics, live news and more with no subscriptions and no fees; and Featured Free provides users with direct links to free in-season episodes of top network shows and full past-season catch-ups.
The 4K Spotlight Channel offers easy access to streaming movies, TV shows and more filmed in ultra-crisp, ultra-clear 4K Ultra HD and brilliant rich color.
New Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere+
The new Roku Premiere is a simple way to start streaming in HD, 4K Ultra HD or 4K HDR for $39.99 MSRP, while the $49.99 MSRP Roku Premiere+, a Walmart exclusive, includes a voice remote with TV power and volume buttons.
Roku Premiere Features:
- Clear, immersive picture quality in HD, 4K Ultra HD and 4K HDR
- Powerful quad-core processor
- Low profile form factor
- Includes Premium high-speed HDMI cable
- Easy to use remote with channel shortcut buttons
- 802.11 (b/g/n)
- Dolby® and DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI®
Roku Premiere+ includes everything Roku Premiere offers plus:
- Voice remote with TV power & volume buttons
Improved Roku Ultra
At just $99.99 MSRP, Roku’s most powerful and feature-packed player gets – and sounds – even better than before. It offers everything a streamer could want including an enhanced voice remote with TV power and volume buttons and new premium JBL headphones (valued at $39.95 MSRP) for private listening. Additionally, the lost remote finder feature can be set to play new tones including SportsCenter’s DaDaDa from ESPN or HBO’s Game of Thrones theme song beginning in November.
Roku Ultra Features:
- Premium JBL headphones for private listening ($39.95 value)
- The ultimate in connectivity offering both Ethernet 10/100 and 802.11ac MIMO dual-band wireless
- Enhanced voice remote with TV power and volume buttons, headphone jack for private listening, gaming buttons
- Lost remote finder button on the device now with SportsCenter’s DaDaDa from ESPN and HBO’s Game of Thrones theme song
- USB port for local media playback
- Dolby and DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI®
- Night listening mode
The Roku Premiere is available for pre-order at Roku.com beginning today and, along with the Roku Ultra, will be available at all major retailers beginning in early October. The Roku Premiere+ will be available exclusively at Walmart and Walmart.com in early October.