Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Fed Ex Sucks

What was that?

Postby TheWizard on Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:55 pm

aviationwiz wrote:
TheWizard wrote:Good for you.

:lol: So would you like that to happen to you? It's your burden to prove to them you never signed for it, and never recieved it?

I never commented on whether or not I would like that to happen to me. Saying "Good for you" was my way of ending my part in your asinine debate. You are more than welcome to carry on this discussion alone.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Mon May 03, 2004 4:33 pm

Had to post this:
FedEx Priority Overnight, guaranteed delivery by 10:30 AM. Delivered at 10:47 AM. I'll take my DHL Express & UPS Next Day Air. :wink:
Luckily my mom signed for it and I wasn't home, otherwise I would have been pissed as hell!

I don't mind a small delay like that, because there's traffic and stuff, and I generally like the driver's, and prefer not to get them in trouble, but when it's consistent like this though, I know it's more than just the driver.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Tue May 04, 2004 12:17 am

FedEx Priority Overnight, guaranteed delivery by 10:30 AM. Delivered at 10:47 AM. I'll ...............

Looks like the makings of a class action suit. Big, boxy trucks look rollover prone to boot. Maybe it's time to call in Ralph Nader.

Have you thought of lodging formal complaints with the: NTSB, CAB, FAA, ICC, SEC, FBI, CIA, DoD, DMV, CU, DoT, HEW, MSFT, MPLS, NASA, UAW, NBA, AFL-CIO, ATF, RIAA, CNBC, SAG, ILGWU, USFS, DoA, NPS, BLM, USMC, CDC, UNLV, ........................?

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue May 04, 2004 12:27 am

^^^WTF :-? ?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby wicked1 on Wed May 05, 2004 1:24 am

good one slim :)
Pioneer dvr-108,NEC 3540,BenQ 1640,LiteOn 1693S
Intel pentium D 930 oc to 4.2 ghz
2 gb ddr2 1066 mhz ram
geforce 7600GT
sb audigy 2 zs platnum
hardware mpeg2 encoder card

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good
wicked1
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Wed May 05, 2004 4:59 pm

wicked1 wrote:good one slim :)

yeah LOL
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Fri May 07, 2004 9:04 pm

aviationwiz wrote:but when it's consistent like this though, I know it's more than just the driver.

You're right. It's you. :P
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:06 am

I'm back again :lol:

Shipped Friday via FedEx Ground from Carol Stream, IL to me in Minneapolis, MN. Due for delivery tomorrow (Tuesday) Now it's in Kansas City, KS. Here's a map of the transit places so far:

See where St. Paul is? That's where I am, they took a wrong turn, :lol:
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby socheat on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:03 am

I've had that happen to me a few times before. For some reason, they had to go a hub in another state first, even though it would've been more direct to go from source to destination. Regardless, I received the packages on time. In every one of those cases, I'm positive the package did *not* get lost, but rather they had to follow company protocol as strange as it may seem. And it wasn't just FedEx. I believe the first time this happened to me, it was UPS.
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:09 am

Only problem with that, is that I know they have a ground hub in Chicago. They still need to get it delivered by tomorrow, good luck to them on that, LOL, assuming this tracking information is up to date.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby socheat on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:21 am

So? My packages were routed to the Memphis hub, while I'm in SE Michigan. Even in my case, the Chicago hub seemed more intuitive. But, I still received my packages the day they said they would arrive. I'm usually busy at work to care if it arrives by 10:30AM.

Relax. Even if the package is late, I'm sure you'll live. My girlfriend is a TPN Pharmacist, where she makes IV medication for patients who are often terminal. The medication is often needed the same day the patient is released from the hospital. Because the packages need to get shipped out as soon as they are finished, they rely on 24-hour couriers to deliver the packages, often arriving only hours before their first dose. Her patients raise hell if the package is late, and rightly so.
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:27 am

Socheat wrote:So? My packages were routed to the Memphis hub, while I'm in SE Michigan. Even in my case, the Chicago hub seemed more intuitive. But, I still received my packages the day they said they would arrive. I'm usually busy at work to care if it arrives by 10:30AM.

Was it ground, and where was it shipped from? Then again, even using Express, they routed my package through Anchorage, AK rather than Memphis, coming from New Jersey.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby socheat on Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:32 am

First time it happened was couple years ago, hasn't happened to me recently. It was ground, but I don't remember where it was coming from, but I do remember thinking it wasn't the path *I* would've chosen. :wink: I remember looking at the tracking results and going "Eh? It's going in the wrong direction". Mentioned it to one of my buddies, and he said "It's probably heading to Memphis". Sure enough, the next day, it had checked in to Memphis and was on it's way back to Michigan. Guess my packages wanted to see the world before settling down. :roll:
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Arggh! It's still showing an estimated delivery date of today, but it's still sitting in Kansas City.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby LoneWolf on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:36 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Had to post this:
FedEx Priority Overnight, guaranteed delivery by 10:30 AM. Delivered at 10:47 AM. I'll take my DHL Express & UPS Next Day Air. :wink:
Luckily my mom signed for it and I wasn't home, otherwise I would have been pissed as hell!

I don't mind a small delay like that, because there's traffic and stuff, and I generally like the driver's, and prefer not to get them in trouble, but when it's consistent like this though, I know it's more than just the driver.

I signed a waiver so they just leave the package. If you have an enclosed porch that's out-of-sight from others, this makes it pretty easy.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby socheat on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:44 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Arggh! It's still showing an estimated delivery date of today, but it's still sitting in Kansas City.

Maybe they just don't like you. :P Who knows, a bunch of fedex employees could be regulars on this forum. :wink:
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:06 pm

Socheat wrote:...But, I still received my packages the day they said they would arrive.

2 Hours past FedEx ground last delivery time and it's still sitting in Kansas City...Oh well, a day late, when I saw that it was shipped FedEx, I should have expected that.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:09 am

Does FedEx have union labor? Do they need to be busted?
Shouldn't you buy from places that only use carriers with non union labor?

Slim =D>
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:19 am

CowboySlim wrote:Does FedEx have union labor? Do they need to be busted?
Shouldn't you buy from places that only use carriers with non union labor?

Slim =D>

I hope you were being sarcastic there...
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:31 am

Next stop for my package *drum roll please* Nashville, TN! It arrived there tonight. Below is a map of it's transit places:

The black line is where the first ride brought it to, the purple line is where this latest ride brought it. Remember, see that little bit of land about Iowa, I'm a good 100-150 miles north of that!

aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:33 am

I thought I might have the wrong tracking number, but the purchase order number FedEx has matches my order number 100%

When I told hoxlund about it, he said "well they had to eat lunch off of something" :lol: =D> ROFLMAO. Best joke I've heard in a while.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby socheat on Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:39 am

Have you called to complain? What have they said about it? Sure, I've had the occasional late package, and I've always called to ask about what's going on. And who did you buy it from, if you don't mind me asking. The most amusing shipping trail I've had was from an eBay purchase. Sent my items to my dorm room, but I had moved into an apartment for the summer. The retarded summer staff didn't bother to look for the forwarding address I gave them, so they refused the package. Package bounced around for a while in limbo (went back to a hub, I think), then we (UPS and I) finally figured out it was heading towards my parents address (my then current billing address).

Tell you what, from now on, have them ship everything to me, and I'll make sure I get the packages on time. :wink:
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:15 pm

One thing FedEx can do correctly, Phone Support. They can do that well. They have supposedly started a trace on my package, and I will hear back from them.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:12 pm

Just got a call back from FedEx, it's due into St. Paul (my local hub) Monday night at 9:47 PM, and will be delivered Tuesday. That is one full week late!
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby socheat on Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:10 pm

What was their reason?
socheat
CD-RW Player

PreviousNext

Return to Rants n' Raves